Zucchini Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
For all those zucchini that are piling up on your kitchen table:
ZUCCHINI CAKE
1-1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
3 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups zucchini, grated, un-peeled
1 cup nuts, chopped (opt)
1 cup raisons (opt)
FROSTING:
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
1 box powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions: Beat sugar, eggs and oil together in large bowl. Stir in zucchini. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in nuts and raisons. Pour in sprayed 9x13" pan and bake at 350 degrees about 40 minutes,or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. When cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting: beat margarine, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together until smooth. Refrigerate cake in warm weather.

My mom used to make zucchini bread. I wonder if this comes out like her bread did...

Thanks, this is just what I was looking for! I plan to make this later today. It is nice to find a recipe for a cake, rather than a bread.

The idea to make a courgette cake just popped into my head last week and I am going to do Oreo cream cheese icing with a layer of chocolate cream cheese icing in the middle of the cake (if I have enough cream cheese)

I was also planning to flavour mine with vanilla but I may go with cinammon like you have. Could I do both or wouldn't it work?

My preference would be vanilla, would that taste ok or is the cinammon necessary?

I think vanilla would taste okay, but it's often a background flavor in recipes like this. I would use the cinnamon - it gives it a great flavor. No reason why you couldn't do both.

Btw, I haven't seen Constance around in quite some time.

I think vanilla would taste okay, but it's often a background flavor in recipes like this. I would use the cinnamon - it gives it a great flavor. No reason why you couldn't do both.

Btw, I haven't seen Constance around in quite some time.

Thanks for your advice, I'll go for the cinammon and oooh I guess this thread is quite old.

OMG, it is 10 years old :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom