Anzac Biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bugs35

Assistant Cook
My coffee shop sells what they call "Australian Biscuits". The sign says they have oatmeal, coc0nut, and crandberries in them. They are made in a mini-muffin pan. They seem very close to anzac biscuits/cookies but not as sweet. I've been trying to alter traditional anzac recipe with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Never heard of an Anzac biscuit with cranberries in it!! Anzac biscuits are usually flat too.

Here are a few recipes for Anzac biscuits
Search - Recipes - Taste.com.au=

As to altering an Anzac biscuit recipe to what is being flogged as "Australian Biscuits" is anybody's guess based on your description of them! Have a look at those recipes and if I can find you something more specific to your requirements based on them, I'll do what I can.

Oh and welcome to DC!

Here is a recipe I posted years ago. If I'm not mistaken, there is another recipe in here. I have no clue how you would make them in muffin tins though. Good luck.

Thanks, I have the recipe, but they are too sweet. I guess I have to take the coffee shop muffins to a science lab. :)

This is totally irrelevant but anything made in a muffin tin is not a biscuit/cookie by Australian standards.....

and Anzacs are hard and crunchy and great dipped in a cuppa!
Hmm now I feel all motivated and we ARE out of bikkies....

these are the anzac biscuits i baked before :) Baked them in cookie sheet

img_519712_0_19b7a527398d8f3460854994c4fbe6a2.jpg

They're pretty much it Fawn. I prefer mine chewy to the traditional crisp but I just let them get soggy by leaving them in the open for a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom