"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 AM   #21
Sous Chef

cool, will check it out next time, if i keep going to the store my bf gets worried LOL, he thinks i go there too much and spend too much hahahaha

i have just never noticed it though, and i have been looking round the baking section a lot lately lol

Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #22
Everymom

Rom, just sub in a 1/3 cup of flour instead of the cornstarch. My friend does this regularly and swears the cookies are just as good.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #23
Sous Chef

oh cool thanks for that Alix!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #24
Everymom

My pleasure. Post and let me know how they worked out for you ok?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #25
Sous Chef

yeah i can make them tonight if i have time, no need to find the cornstarch altho i will look for it anyways and if ican find it make it with that as well and see what they taste like.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #26
Sous Chef

i never use brown sugar but once i asked on here about it and so i went and bought some, so im good to go now.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #27
Everymom

Rom, you will find cornstarch useful in many many areas. Its a wonderful thickener for sauces you would like to keep translucent. (Its also wonderful in place of baby powder on little kids!) And I think once you try brown sugar you will always have it. It has a richer flavour than white sugar. I have to admit, I use it almost exclusively. I even sub out the white sugar in many recipes and use brown. It keeps baked goods moister and chewier, and its better for brining meat than white. I hope you buy some and experiment with it. I bet you will be a fan!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #28
Sous Chef

OHH i couldn't make them last nite! my bf suggested we go out for dinner lol
tomorrow nite i am going to a friends for dinner and she won't let me make anything to bring (as if) so i will try to make the cookies and if i don't kill them maybe i will bring them as well. I am also making Coconut Burfi that i found a recipe of and my bf loves.

yes looking forward to trying Brown sugar. I have never brined meat...(perhaps the only person on the site LOL) i only heard about brining meat when i registered on the site LOL - actually since i have conme on this site i put random things in the shopping basket that i never used and my bf looks at me and is like whats that for,..i'm like COOKING hes like good good :)

thats it..the hunt is on....."here cornstarch here boy" lol jokes.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Following this thread finally got to me and I don't even particularly like chocolate chip cookies! But I made a double batch this afternoon and they are so darn good. (My first time making from scratch cookies - I always buy yard-o-dough kind.) Thanks so much for for prompting me to do this - the kids are looking at me in awe!!!
Terry
Old 08-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #30
Sous Chef

Did you use Alix's recipe? with or without the cornstarch LOL jokes!

nows the time to get the kids to do stuff...for bathroom cleaning receive 5 cookies, for bedrom cleaning receive 7 cookies LOL jokes

Tags
None