Cookie Bouquet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ant1

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, :)

As you can see I am new here (and new at trying to make cookies too), and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of questions…

I am planning my son’s second birthday party coming up soon.

I saw some really cute cookie bouquets and wanted to try and make something similar.

Does anyone have a suggesting for a good (sugar) cookie recipe? I am looking for something that I could either roll out immediately (if that’s even possible) or something that I could leave in the fridge for a couple of days and then “try” to roll out.

Also, I see many types of frosting, but I don’t know which one will harden enough for me to be able to write on and decorate without smudging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated…

Thanks! :)

Thanks so much (for the welcome and the recipe). :)

I have a lot of recipes that I have been looking at, but since I’ve never tried them I didn’t even know where to begin.

I did look at a Martha Stewart recipe from one of her books, but I was a little concerned because it asked for 4 sticks of butter. This recipe seems pretty good.

The link even has the royal icing, which looks exactly like what I am looking for.

Thanks again. :)

anytime, Ant1!
And please feel free to hang around any time - there's always someone here with an idea or two:chef:

Welcome to DC ant1. Sugar cookies are great, but I often make shortbread cookies and decorate those instead since they are more popular amongst my family and friends. To decorate I use decorator icing.

Back
Top Bottom