Frosted Lemon Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm making these tomorrow. Found the recipe on the inside of the cardboard wrapper the butter comes in and the family went nuts for them. Hope I haven't posted this one before.

Cookie:
2.5 cups AP flour
1.5 cups sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 eggs
1 T grated lemon peel
1 T lemon juice
1.5 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Glaze:
2.5 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice

Heat oven to 400. Combine all cookie ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets (I think I used a melon baller to measure it out). Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. You want these to be crispy, so err on the longer side of the time.

Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in small bowl, stir until smooth. Frost warm cookies (important that they are still warm, to soak up the glaze). Sprinkle with grated lemon peel, if desired (we desired).

5 dozen cookies.

Sounds so wonderfully easy and so wonderfully delicious!! I will include this into our Christmas goodie list!! (also for us, tomorrow is our goodie making day... well if we have any energy left in the evening... it is also our shopping day for Cris's kids and we still have no clue what to get:eek: !!)

Back
Top Bottom