Help Please, Re Making Cookies Ahead...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YorkieMominFL

Assistant Cook
I very seldom bake cookies, but my 3 1/2 year old grandson is coming for Thanksgiving and will be here for several days and I promised we would bake some cookies. His daddy (my son) asked him "What are you and Nana going to do when we get to her house?" and he said "bake my cookies"! I plan on mixing up some Toll House dough and I was wondering if I could go ahead and mix it up and wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the fridge so that it will be ready to go when he gets here. How long can cookie dough be kept in the fridge or can it?

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can give me!!!:-p

YorkieMominFL,
Absolutely! You can prepare the cookie dough ahead of time, shape it into a log for easy slicing, wrap in wax paper and may be stored in refrigerator for up to a week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks. I happen to have the Nestle Toll House Best Loved Cookies recipe book. Let me know if you need some recipes. Good luck on the baking and have lots of fun with your grandson.

Dina

Oh Dina.......thank you so much! The main reason I don't bake cookies very often is that they are so good, my husband and I will eat too many and we don't need it!

Thanks again!

Pam

You're so welcome Pam. I know how good they are. I happen to have three little ones who love cookies so I've become an expert cookie baker. Enjoy!

I do most of my Christmas cookies as 'slice and bake' - homemade, of course!

Use waxed or parchment paper, to make them into a roll. Then, to help keep a round shape in the fridge or freezer, take the cardboard from a paper towel roll, cut it in half lengthwise, and place the covered cookie in that; then you're ready for the freezer or fridge. If you freeze, you can slice right from the freezer onto the cookie sheet.

Yorkey... leave the chips out and let your grandson decorate the cookies with them before you bake them. Fun for you both.

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions! I've got the dough rolled up in wax paper chilling in the fridge...ready for when my "little man" gets here!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Pam

All cookie dough usually will last in the fridge for at least a week. Then all you have to do is pull it out and bake (with it still being true homemade scratch cookies).

Cameron

Back
Top Bottom