ISO TNT Gingerbread recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
My daughter wants to make a gingerbread house with her boyfriend tomorrow.
I got her these silicon gingerbread house mold.
I thought it would come with a recipe book, but I obviously thought wrong :)

Just looking fora gingerbread recipe that will cook successfully in a silicon mold, tastes good, and will be structurally sound construct a gingerbread house with.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions on making a gingerbread house, id be eager to hear them.

I guess a question i would have is, how far in advance should the gingerbread be cooked prior to building the house. I would assume it should have sufficient time to cool.

Larry

Im surprised no one has an tnt gingerbread recipes for a gingerbread house.
Anyway, My daughter went with a recipe from the food network magazine, and unfortunately, it wasn't sturdy enough and the roof sagged. Assuming we don't find another recipe, we will reengineer the structure for more support.

larry

Ahh, a quick course in architecture is called for. Good luck with the restoration.

I seem to recall grocery store magazines near the checkout counters used to have Christmas covers with different gingerbread houses on them. Haven's seen / don't pay attn. to them lately.

When Jr. was younger I know we made gingerbread houses a couple of years. When we made gingerbread man cookies. He was not a candy/ sweets eater and hid his Halloween candy under his bed. Of course we found it and both of us took turns raiding his treasure for snickers and milky ways. But the hard candy was used to decorate the house. One year we just used graham crackers and plenty of presumably powdered sugar frosting.

I would think any recipe you would use to make gingerbread men would work for gingerbread slabs for a house. I haven't made gingerbread men/women for eons, but I remember they were pretty stiff and crunchy and would hold up for house-building. Obviously, the cake type of gingerbread would not be structurally sound.

Last edited:
When what to my wondering eyes did appear!!! :yum:

pizza-house-1.jpg

Move Over Gingerbread House, The Pizza House Is In Town

If you don't find a gingerbread recipe maybe you could try this. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm a little late to the party because I've never made a GB house. SO did it once and all I remember from that endeavor was that the gingerbread that's best for building houses doesn't make a great cookie.

So if you're still looking, go for a recipe for GB houses, not cookies.

I've made gingerbread ornaments that included apple sauce and a goodly squirt of Elmers glue. You could run over them with a Mack truck and they would remain intact. I probably wouldn't eat them though.

Last edited:
My daughter set out a gingerbread house craft for her 12 nieces and nephews on Christmas, using graham crackers and a couple of cans of frosting as the glue. They loved it. Many of them are under 6, so she built the houses and they got to decorate them. :)

My daughter wants to make a gingerbread house with her boyfriend tomorrow.
I got her these silicon gingerbread house mold.
I thought it would come with a recipe book, but I obviously thought wrong :)

Just looking fora gingerbread recipe that will cook successfully in a silicon mold, tastes good, and will be structurally sound construct a gingerbread house with.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions on making a gingerbread house, id be eager to hear them.

I guess a question i would have is, how far in advance should the gingerbread be cooked prior to building the house. I would assume it should have sufficient time to cool.

Larry

Larry, I Googled Gingerbread Houses and a lot of sites popped up. The majority say three days are needed to make the house. Try to Google Gingerbread Houses and take a look. Lots of different recipes with construction ideas and recipes. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom