"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies
Old 10-21-2004, 12:56 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
Send a message via AIM to spaZDaisE04
Large cookie?

Ok, you know those big cake pans you find in the cookie aisle. i believe they are 13 inches maybe more. Well i did have a cookie recipe to fit that pie plate and i no longer have it. can anyone help? thanks a bunch in advance

spaZDaisE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior Cook
have made a "big cookie" with
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (18ozs.)on a pizza pan.

here's a couple more...

Web's Best Recipe Chocolate Pizza

Good Luck!

wasabi woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
Senior Cook
You could make shortbread to fit that size of pan: A suitably proportioned recipe (I’ve baked it as three 6-inch discs, so perhaps somewhat too large for your pan) would comprise 8 oz. butter, 4 oz. sugar, ¼ tsp salt, 1 egg yolk, & approx. 2 cups flour.

As gifts for children’s parties, I’ve baked oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies that measure about ½ foot in diameter; but a 13-inch version would be more likely re-engineered into a Frisbee!

I think the most suitable item to bake would be a Fregolatta Trevigiana – in particular, the simple version that’s sort of a giant crumb cookie which is cut into wedges at the table and served with coffee or tea. The first recipe for such a fregolatta that I found in my files, is baked in a 10-inch tart pan. Carol Field offers a similar ground-nut version, called Fregolotta Veneziana, in her book The Italian Baker.
"Where love has entered as the seasoning of food, I believe that it will please anyone." ~ Plautus: Casina
Konditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:18 PM   #4
Senior Cook
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
Sweetened cocoa, for garnish
Sweetened whipped cream, accompaniment

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 14-inch, light colored, round pizza pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, beating well after the addition of each.

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix with a whisk. Add to the butter mixture, mixing to incorporate, and add the vanilla extract. Fold in the dark and white chips and the nuts. Spread across the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until the edges are golden and the cookie is set but the center is still slightly soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

To serve, sift confectioners' sugar and sweetened cocoa over the top, and cut into wedges. Serve sweetened whipped cream on the side.

thanks to emeril!

. I make it all the time and it's quite good.
there's no profit in deceipt
honest men know that revenge
does not taste sweet....
southerncook is offline   Reply With Quote