Looking for cookie recipe with cake-like texture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathy75

Assistant Cook
Hi

Hope someone can help me? I'm trying to duplicate a choc chip and a meusli cookie that I bought at a local bakery. They were delicious, crispy on the outside with a soft, cakelike texture inside.
But every recipe I've experimented with so far has turned out too crispy/cruchy/chewy. I can't seem to get that inner soft texture. Sould I maybe try oil instead of butter?

Also, while I'm here, can anyone tell me what a 'stick' of butter is, and how much it weighs in grams?

Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks
Kathy

Welcome to DC. Don't know about your cookie dilemma, but a stick of butter is:

113.4 grams
4 ounces
1/2 cup
8 Tablespoons

Check the label on your stick of butter for this information. This is how it's labeled in the US.

Joe

go the toll house recipe. dont over cream the butter and bake atl iek 350 for about 10 minutes or lightly brown on the edges. it willnt be cake like but it will be crunchy and soft.

maybe try using cake flour and some extra baking soda or powder depending on what the recipe your using is calling for.

Thanks for the help, and the welcome Joe, I've always wondered about that 'stick' of butter in the American magazines and cook books. We use g's and Kg's here in South Africa, (is that the metric system... can't remember....).

Cheers
Kathy

so how does your butter come package?

Our are sticks or in a tub but commonly sticks or 1 lb blocks.

im almost 100% positive but butter has the same density as water so

8 oz is 1 cup is 1/2 lb is 15 Tbl is etc....

but yeah your metric. we are the only people that arent.

Thanks for the recipe suggestion... I'll be trying that ASAP. I think I'm putting on weight what with all this experimenting!!
Our butter usually comes packaged in 500g or 250g blocks.

cheers
Kathy

Try an extra egg in your recipe. I was making chocolate chip cookies a few weeks ago and the recipe called for two eggs. The second egg had a double yolk which changed the texture of my cookies. They were more cake like than I wanted.

Thanks Toni for your suggestion.
Adding more egg definitely helps, tried it today and the texture is much better!! Still need to tweak the recipe some more, needs to be perfect because I sell them to a local coffee shop. I can post the recipe if anyone is interested once I think it's ready??

Thanks for the help.
kathy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom