Molasses Crisps Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I love these still a little warm and rolled in a loose roll or just flat off the cookie sheet..Dunk em in hot tea with lemon and honey Emmm.
Molasses Crisps
1/4c.oatmeal, I just use instant
3/4c.sifted a/p flour
1c. sugar
1/2tea. baking powder
1/4tea. salt
1tea. cinnamon
1/4tea.cloves,ground
1/2c.melted butter
1/4c.milk
1/4c. molasses
Preheat oven to 350. Vombine dry ingredients and spices. Combine butter,milk, and molasses. Stir into dry ingredients til smooth. Chill for easier handling
Oil a foil lined cookie sheet. Drop batter by 1/2 teas. 3-4 inches apart about 9 per sheet. Bake 8-10 min. Let cool a half minute then remove with spatula and loosly roll or leave flat...
Makes 8 doz.
Enjoy,
kadesma:)
This is what happens when someone yaks at me when I'm trying to type a recipe, I forget things..Daughter just asked did I remember to write what we do in the summer with these cookies? Nope I didn't, here is what we do. As cookie cools a little so you can handle, place over a good sized glass or a custard cup, make an open half roll or a cup out of the cookie. When firm and you're ready for dessert, place a good size scoop of vanilla ice cream into cookie..My kids like to top this off with either chocolate sauce or butterscotch.. Now I think that's it...

Last edited:
I wanna live at your house!
These sound great. Do the kids like them too or do you get to
keep them all for you??

The kids like them espicially with ice cream :LOL: Come on we have 8 1/2 acres here...

kadesma

Cool! I'll pitch a tent and Paul and I will hike back and forth to the dinner table. We're sure to gain a million pounds with all that good cooking you do!

Nah, the brahma bull will give you a run for your money..No calories left after a sprint back and forth:LOL:

Bull

Bull or not bull! The recipe with the ice cream appeals to my crowd today, summer or not. Molasses cookies are our favorite and being crisp is even better. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
In the Kitchen said:
Bull or not bull! The recipe with the ice cream appeals to my crowd today, summer or not. Molasses cookies are our favorite and being crisp is even better. Thanks for sharing.
Your welcome ITK:) It doesn't have to be summer for ice cream and cookies:LOL:

kadesma

SierraCook said:
kadesma, these sound yummy. I just may have to make them and then take them all to work.
Thank you Sc, we love them..They are kind of fun to bake and then shape..KIds love them filled with ice cream.

This looks divine! It just hit me that I have all the ingredients on hand, too. We're having our neighbors over tomorrow and I've decided to try your recipe (with the ice-cream scoop) inside. I will definately let you know how they came out (and how people enjoyed!. Also, I'm joining pdswife when she comes to pitch her tent...how's that! (pdswife - what do you think?) I'm really good at dishes, promise! (can earn my keep) ;) Sandy

Sandyj said:
This looks divine! It just hit me that I have all the ingredients on hand, too. We're having our neighbors over tomorrow and I've decided to try your recipe (with the ice-cream scoop) inside. I will definately let you know how they came out (and how people enjoyed!. Also, I'm joining pdswife when she comes to pitch her tent...how's that! (pdswife - what do you think?) I'm really good at dishes, promise! (can earn my keep) ;) Sandy
Sandy, the more the merrier:LOL: I would love having you both come visit and anyone else who would like to join.. Now this is a surprise, guess who else is making molasses crisp cookies this weekend?? Yep, me, the kids saw what I put up and said please:LOL: so we are having them too. I hope you enjoy them,I love anything with molasses and cloves..And you don't have to earn your keep, we'll get my kids to do the dishes while we sit and talk:LOL:
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom