"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 08-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #61
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I bet you are tired of them. Can you identify the post # that had the Quaker recipe that you used? So many recipes were suggested, I'm a bit confused as to which ones you liked (maybe you could rate them!). Thanks.
These are the Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies that Hoot was referring to. Just make a homemade icing and use it between two cookies to make the cream filled cookie. YUMMY!

I would really rather not rate the recipes that were shared with me because, 1st of all it would be extremely difficult, as they were all very delicious and 2nd everyone has been so helpful, I wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #62
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom244now

I've seen the Princess flavor before but was afraid to get it because it has that citrus flavor and these cookies don't have that. Do you actually taste the citrus/lemon flavor or is it more of a nutty/vanilla?

I did buy a Baker's Mystery Flavor but it didn't work for me. It has a strong taste and it really stands out. Maybe I used too much.
I would definitely say there is a citrus flavor. Maybe McCormick's vanilla butter nut flavor would be close?

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #63
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
Come to think on it, Chief..Mrs Hoot has a sister that lives in Michigan. She keeps talkin' about travelin' there for a visit. I told her ..maybe, but not until summer...I ain't a-goin' there in the winter.
But Hoot, there's no little flying, biting critters here in the winter. Ya might run into the occasional rabbit, or coyote, or even a black bear. But the mosquitoes, black flies, no-see-ems, horse flies, deer flies, and ticks are all gone 'til it gets warm again. Of course, there are some areas where you might see the tracks of that most crazed animal, the drunken snowmobilier. You have to watch out for them.

And the woods up here aren't easy to get through. They are choked with brush. Walking through the woods, especially along a stream, or in a swamp, can be a physical challenge. So if ya come up my way, I'll just have to show you the good places. And the last 2 weeks in July is when the wild blueberries are ripe.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #64
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Wild blueberries.....Mighty temptin'!! We call 'em huckleberries in these parts.
I hear that them snowmobilers are noisy critters. Oughta be easy to steer clear of such a creature.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #65
Executive Chef

Hoot,

4 Dozen oatmeal cookies vanished ?

Wow ... Since you are a Arthur Conan Doyle Fan, how do you think they disappeared ?

Kindest. Margaux.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #66
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

It is quite elementary...The cookies disappeared one by one over an exceedingly short period of time. The suspect has cookie crumbs in his beard and a milk mustache in his mustache.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #67
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

There are also indications that there are two accomplices. Both are female, one is taller than the other.
The shorter one is under 4 feet in height, has a missing front tooth, and is a frequent visitor to the scene of the crime. There is some likelihood that the crime was conceived on the spur of the moment by the bearded man, who by the way, is over six feet in height and is from the southern region of America.

Tags
cookie, corn syrup, oatmeal, oats, other