What is your favorite candy to make for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Microwave fudge...

Danny’s Microwave Fudge

1-lb. confectioners sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Blend sugar and cocoa in bowl. Top with butter. Pour milk over butter. DO NOT STIR! Microwave on High power (100%) for 2 minutes. Stir well. Add vanilla and nuts, and stir until blended. Pour into an 8x8 buttered pan. Refrigerate until set. Freezes well.

Make in double batches if desired.

*Note: This looks like a big mess at first, you will think there is no way it will be any good, but trust me…
It’s wonderful!

*We leave out the nuts, because we don't like them. It's up to you.

I make these easy and most decadent peanut clusters every year. Think I have been making them since I was twelve and I missed one year and never heard the end of it!

Super easy.

In top of double boiler melt 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 cups of butterscotch chips, stirring until smooth. Add 3 cups (or more) of salted peanuts (we call them redskins here). I like more peanut that coating so I usually add closer to 4 cups of them. And I double, triple, even quadruple the batch.

Drop heaping teaspoonfuls onto a plate covered in parchment or waxed paper and let set in the fridge. I find keeping the water bath underneath the mixture but taking it off the stove while I work keeps it the right consistency. These may be stored in the fridge or the freezer.

When my Dad was working Mom and I would make large grocery bags full of peanut brittle for him to take to work with him. The guys would start begging for brittle the day after Thanksgiving.

I like the fudge made with jiffy cream and buterscotch haystacks. Another one I like to make is Catherdral Windows.

Back
Top Bottom