"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Frozen Desserts & Ice Creams

Old 02-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #11
Cook

And I was just having a long conversation with someone about curbing the chocolate cravings with the help of gelatin. Thank you, GW! Going to add this to my little list of experiments. And so the chocoholic control saga continues....

Old 02-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Just wondering...I don't like coffee, but dh does, and has some of that foo foo latte mix left over from his christmas stocking. I bet if I made it with that instead of the hot chocolate mix, he would really like it! I may need to try that. Now let me see...do I have any gelatine???...

Old 02-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #13
Head Chef

GoodWeed, I made your chocolate gelatin tonight for DH He really liked it. I didn't have hot chocolate mix. I used 1 tablespoon cocoa 1 tablespoon splenda and 1 tablespoon Hazelnut coffee creamer. It came out well. Thanks

Josie

Tags
chocolate, cocoa powder, gelatin, recipe, water

Chocolate Gelatin Ok. I said I was going to do it; so last night I did it. I made chocolate gelatin. It came out smooth and creamy, like a cross between jello and pudding, a little more like puding than jello. The flavor was sweet and rich, like hot cocoa, only cold. It's fat free, sugar free, carbohydrate free. It is protein rich. Finally, it tastes great. Kids, this one is a winner. Ingredients: 8 oz. water, very hot 3 tbs. instant, sugar/fat free hot cocoa mix 1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin. Mix the gelatin with the hot water until its completely dissolved. Add the cocoa mix and again, mix until completely dissolved. Chill until the gelatin is set. Serve cold. Yep, that's all there is to it. Guilt free, carb free, fat free, and tastes good. What more can you ask for from a desert. Tip: Add a little more cocoa powder to the hot liquid, and a little cinnamon and maybe some nutmeg, or hazelnut flavoring. Enjoy. Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North 3 stars 1 reviews