TNT Hard shell Topping for Ice cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Found this recipe and tried it last night, hubbie loved it.
I thought it was good to, but I like my Ice cream plain so i just tasted it as it was. I do see a problem tho, -- hubbie eating alot of ice cream !!!!

Hard shell topping
1 cup of semi sweet chips
2 tbl coconut oil
melted them together, let cool to room temp and pour over ice cream.

I am very interested in this!

Will this stay soft in the refrigerator or do you have to make a batch each time you need it?

Will it work with other types of baking chips like peanut butter or special dark?

I am also wondering if this would work to make treats to stash in the freezer. Like a chocolate covered brownie a la mode or a homemade Dove bar.

Then of course some chocolate covered strawberries for Valentines day.

I am gonna have to give this a try!

Thanks B

Very interesting! I know there is a product you can buy in a squeeze bottle for this that stays liquid and hardens on contact with the ice cream, but I suspect there's some chemical magic involved.

Looking forward to more information too Aunt Bea.

Thanks letscook!

Aunt bea
I don't see why it wouldn't work with other flavored chips. This was the first time making it so I really haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
It can be left out as coconut oil as I found out can be left out and choco chips can be left out. if you put in the fridge it will harden and then you would have to melt it again

Kayelle- yes they do sell in the store and have been buying it for average of 3.50 a bottle that doesn't last long.

It doesn't take that long to make if you wanted to make it each time.
I did it in a dish ontop of a pan of simmering water. let it cool a little then poured it into a squeeze bottle. I have sitting in the pantry, Im sure hubbie will have more tonight.

It only takes a few seconds in the microwave for it to become pourable should it firm up. I don't keep ours in the fridge.
P.S. It's the cold that makes it firm up.

Back
Top Bottom