Filet Mignon w/Mushroom-Wine Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
Just made this last night and it was FANTASTIC!! I highly recommend!

It makes 2 servings, but if you want 4, just double up on all ingredients:

4 tsp Butter (divided)
Vegetable Cooking Spray
2 stalks finely chopped green onions
4 cloves garlic
1/4 lb Sliced mushrooms (fresh...no cans or jars allowed!)
1 Cup red wine (I used some el cheapo Merlot)
1 Cup Beef Broth
Salt & Pepper
2 (4oz or bigger!) Filet Mignon steaks
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp corn starch

Melt 2 tsp butter in skillet and coat with cooking spray over medium heat. Add green onions, garlic, and shrooms

and saute 4 mins. Add 1/2 cup of the red wine and 1/2 cup beef broth. Cook 5 mins, stirring often. Remove shrooms and place in a bowl.

Increase heat to high, and cook the red wine mixture for 5 mins or until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Add to shrooms in bowl and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.

Season steaks with Salt and pepper. Melt remaining 2 tsp butter in skillet and cover with cooking spray over medium heat. Add steaks and cook 3 mins on each side until nicely browned. Reduce heat to med-low and cook 1 1/2 mins on each side for med-rare (or more for desired doneness).

Place on serving platter and set aside (but keep warm).

Combine soy sauce and cornstarch. and still well. Add remaining 1/2 cup red wine and beef broth to skillet and bring to a boil (stirr frequently) and cook for 1 minute. Add mushroom mixture, cornstarch mixture and cook (stirring constantly) for about 1 1/2 minute.

Serve over steaks. I thinly sliced mine and used leftover sauce as a gravy for some garlic roasted, mashed potatos with butter and cream!! YUMMY!!!!! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom