"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 06-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Just got done making this and waiting for them to find out if they approve. Most of your recipes Ol' Blue are eaten fairly quickly. I just try to make them feel good when they eat their meals. Seems most of them are anxious to find out what is for dinner the next night? Makes me wonder if they have some kind of problem with t heir meals. Guess having something to look forward too, makes their day. I just hope I don't create problems with the wives of these guys who work with my family. The wives work and can't prepare these meals. Guys always say they have t o take the little Mrs. out to eat.

I am just thankful I have the time to think about what I want to fix. And that I have all of you to thank for the recipes you feel are the best . I will always give DC credit for success in my kitchen. t hanks to all of you. Just like having someone helping me plan and cook. Thanks again

Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Use chinese 5 spice powder. Its amazing. The only thing the recipe lacks.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Now you tell me? Where do I get this, at regular store or someplace like Trader Joe's? Is it hard to find is my real question.

So you made this and used this spice along with the others that she suggested?
Old 06-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheKitchen
I will always give DC credit for success in my kitchen. t hanks to all of you. Just like having someone helping me plan and cook. Thanks again
I-T-K, I feel the same way. It's like having a group of caring friends looking over your shoulder, helping you make everything you cook the very best.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren View Post
I-T-K, I feel the same way. It's like having a group of caring friends looking over your shoulder, helping you make everything you cook the very best.
AMEN! you got it!! well, I know whatever they feel t hey will eat it. Nothing like this crew to go without a meal. But they always want something different. They do understand they have to eat leftovers maybe that is why they want to make something good so they eat extra that way no thing left over. i try I really try.

Good thing I am not in this boat alone.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #16
Sous Chef

We baked a pork tenderloin last night, and I would like to make this for supper tonight. Can I just make the sauce and pour it over the rice and pork? I'm just asking because the recipe for the 'chicken and rice' says to simmer with the chicken, then skim the fat, etc.. I never saw the recipe for the pork and rice.. plus my pork is already cooked, so i'm just kind of confused about what to do...
Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner_chef View Post
We baked a pork tenderloin last night, and I would like to make this for supper tonight. Can I just make the sauce and pour it over the rice and pork? I'm just asking because the recipe for the 'chicken and rice' says to simmer with the chicken, then skim the fat, etc.. I never saw the recipe for the pork and rice.. plus my pork is already cooked, so i'm just kind of confused about what to do...
That would work great. You can also reheat the pork in the sauce if you want.
If you want I can send you my recipe that I did for the pork. DC removed it due to copyright laws. It will have my corrections to the recipe.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #18
Sous Chef

That would be great Ol-blue, Thanks!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Just wanted to let you know that I made your pork and rice and it was WONDERFUL! It was a bit too spicy for me, so I'll probably adjust that a bit, but it was still SO good. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #20
Executive Chef

both look delicious!

Tags
None