Pan Roasted Loin Cutlets w/ Red Wine Raspberry sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshBenske

Assistant Cook
Here is something I came up with for dinner a few days ago. I am new here so I thought I would make a post and share it. It was a new idea so I wasnt very critical on all my measurements, all measurements here are Estimated Guesses.

The Sauce's- Red Wine Raspberry reduction sauce, and Creamy Pepper Horseradish sauce.

Red Wine Raspberry-

1/2 Cup of Red Wine

1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinager

1/4 Cup of Shallots

1/2 Cup of Raspberry preserves

Olive oil, and Kosher Salt and Pepper.

Using about a 1/2 table spoon of olive oil, sautee the shallots until they are translucent. Add the Raspberry preserves and cook until they melt into a liquid form, then add the balsamic vinager, and red wine. Reduce until thick, and then season to taste with salt and pepper.

Creamy Horseradish Pepper sauce-

1 cup heavy cream
1 tspn Horseradish
Salt, and Pepper to taste
1/4 tspn lemon juice

Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and reduce until thickened. Blend the mixture until smooth in a Blender or Processer.

The Pork-

Pork Cutlets

Bread the Pork in flour, that has been seasoned with Oregano, Salt, Pepper, and a little bit of Cayenne pepper. Sear in olive oil, and then transfer to a baking sheet to roast for the remainder of cooking at about 375 farenheit.

I served an appetizer of Crab Cakes, on Seared mashed potato rounds, with a micro green salad, Spicy aioli, and basil olive oil before the Pork. I served the pork with roasted potato's ( Seasoned with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper) And blanched asparagus halves.

I followed it with Creme Brulee Cheesecake, Accompanied with Creme Anglaise and Creme Espresso sauces, and a dusting of Cocoa powder.

Josh

Attachments

• crabcakes.JPG
    crabcakes.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 202
  • searedpork.JPG
    searedpork.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 266
  • cremebruleecheesecake.JPG
    cremebruleecheesecake.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 210
Welcome to DC, Josh.

The raspberry/shallot sauce (and everything on the menu) sounds delish! Appreciate seeing photos as well. What time is dinner?

Yes I was pretty pleased with the Raspberry-Red Wine combination and the pork it went well together. I also dressed the pork with a little bit of Browned Butter. It deffinately worked out well.

Thanks

Josh

Piccolina said:
Hi Josh, that recipe sounds a bit similar to one that I posted recently (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16004), good to know that others love the combo of pork and raspberries too! Thanks for sharing these creative recipes with us, and a big welcome to DC! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom