Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash and Brown Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
My daughter used unused baby food to create a refreshing meal with pork tenderloin. It came out wonderfully refreshing and I share it with you.

Ingredients:
1 4oz. jar babyfood peaches
2 cloves garlic, minced
Ground Cinamon
honey to taste, not too sweet
Dash powdered ginger
1 lb lean pork loin
enough water to fill crock pot to a half inch, about a cup
Salt to taste
3 cups cooked brown rice
3 4oz jars baby food butternut squash

Combine peaches garlic, ginger, honey, and salt to taste. Let sit for 30 minutes. Brown the pork roast in a heavy pan. Lightly salt it as it cooks. De-glaze the pan with the water and place the liquid and pork into a slow cooker. Pour the peach sauce over the roast. Cover and cook on low until the pork shreds easily with a fork (about 6 hours).

Reduce pot liquid to a 1/4 inch layer in the slow cooker to thicken. Shred the pork and mix with the pot juices (sauce). Plate by layering the rice, then butternut squash. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with the pork mixture. Chill for 30 minutes. Serve cold with your favorite beverage. Makes 6 servings.

Recipe provided by Goodweed's talented daughter.

I haven't personally had this dish, but know my youngest daughter well enough that I trust her judgement and pallate. She's and adventurous and wonderful cook, and has worked in restaurants where truly good food is served. She knows what she'd doing. I invite everyone to try this recipe.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

wish i could but it will have to wait for guests. sometimes i get tired of cooking for one, i miss out on so many good dishs. sounds like she knows what she is doing. you must be so proud.

Back
Top Bottom