Colorado Lamb, Raita, Tahini, Sugar Snap Peas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
I usually do specials with seafood, partly because I like to eat it and also because it's shelf life is shorter than other types of proteins. Today though, I wanted to do a lamb special. For this dish, I took the entire loin off the rib bones except for one at the end. After pan searing the loin and basting it with garlic and thyme, it was pan roasted to whatever doneness was requested, medium rare in this pic for the front of the house staff to sample.

I love tahini and raita sauces so I made a combination of both to use. I make my raita a little different that most recipes. My raita consists of yogurt, sour cream, feta cheese, garlic, cucumber, mint, lemon, cayenne, curry powder, and salt. The tahini sauce consisted of tahini paste, garlic, lemon, water, olive oil, and salt. Because the lamb and sauces were light, I wanted to incorporate some richness into the dish. For the vegetable component, pancetta was rendered, garlic oil was added, then blanched sugar snap peas and fresh grape tomatoes were quickly tossed. A Yukon gold potato puree finished the dish.

Pan Roasted Colorado "Mountain Meadow" Lamb Loin
Sugar Snap Peas, Grape Tomatoes, Pancetta, Yukon Gold Potato Puree, Tahini and Raita Sauces

!!wow!!!

Ok, I have lamb shanks in the freezer....
how do I cook them so that they turn out pretty like yours?

It looks great!

I love to use cayenne in unexpected dishes. No one ever knows. I thought it was just me. I understand your use of it and can appreciate that.

I also love tahina and raita sauces but it would not have occurred to me to put all your ingredients together.

Thanks for sharing.

It looks great!

I love to use cayenne in unexpected dishes. No one ever knows. I thought it was just me. I understand your use of it and can appreciate that.

I also love tahina and raita sauces but it would not have occurred to me to put all your ingredients together.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I love adding just a little bit heat to many dishes. Sometimes just a subtle bit of heat can elevate a dish. The combination of the two sauces was an inspired experiment that went really when I was playing around with the sauces earlier in the day. That's why it's always good to play with your food. ;)

Back
Top Bottom