Hi all. I need some suggestions please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riksgoddess

Assistant Cook
Good morning all.
I am making my husband lamb chops for his birthday dinner tonight. I have been searching for good side dishes to make with it.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Cyndi

I would buy some couscous and cook it in chicken stock, finish with olive oil, raisins (or other dried fruit: dates or figs chopped work well), herbs and capers. Near East brand (I don't see where you're from) is the one most readily available in U.S. grocery stores.

Then a green salad of some sort. Again, for ease a bag of baby mixed greens tossed with a light vinegarette and maybe topped with one of those slivered almond salad toppings you can buy in the produce dept.

My husband isn't a desert person, and has to watch his carbs, so I'd finish with fruit & cheese. If he did like deserts I'd buy something decadent.

I would buy some couscous and cook it in chicken stock, finish with olive oil, raisins (or other dried fruit: dates or figs chopped work well), herbs and capers. Near East brand (I don't see where you're from) is the one most readily available in U.S. grocery stores.

Then a green salad of some sort. Again, for ease a bag of baby mixed greens tossed with a light vinegarette and maybe topped with one of those slivered almond salad toppings you can buy in the produce dept.

My husband isn't a desert person, and has to watch his carbs, so I'd finish with fruit & cheese. If he did like deserts I'd buy something decadent.

I really like this idea, but I would go with cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes drizzled with olive oil with a little fresh dill for the salad.

As for the dessert, I think I would go with something light and simple like Greek yogurt drizzled with honey and walnuts and fruit if you are so inclined.

Good morning all.
I am making my husband lamb chops for his birthday dinner tonight. I have been searching for good side dishes to make with it.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Cyndi

Good morning, Cyndi. How did dinner turn out last night? You had some very nice suggestions.

My favourite side dish with lamb is leeks in cheese sauce with a crunchy top:

Make a roux with a couple of tbs plain flour, mix with butter and gradually add milk while stirring. When the right consistency add good quality mature cheddar. Add a spoon of mustard and black pepper.
Meanwhile half boil your leeks once done pat dry.
Place in Pyrex dish. Add cheese sauce three quarters of the way up. Grate over cheese fresh breadcrumbs and fresh parsley.
Cook in oven for about 25 mins on 180•

Bon appetite! :)

Back
Top Bottom