"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Lamb

Old 07-04-2016, 02:50 AM   #71
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh no! I'm sort of a farm girl, but not quite. Not sure I could eat something I named and fed!
Hehe, I'm not sure Kayelle meant that, but in times past, you had to get them to grow in order to survive on them.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #72
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
The feedback on this meal kit was "awesome, frigging amazing, whooza."My Dad loved it when I made it for him, but I think he was just really impressed that my name was one the recipe card. He loves it when I send him articles I've written. He has all of them in a binder. And has added this to the binder.
Congratulations! Those photo shots are amazing. Too bad Mom can't fully appreciate your professional efforts with food. Sounds like Dad is going to have a binder full of your work. He may have to go to Binder #2.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #73
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
The feedback on this meal kit was "awesome, frigging amazing, whooza."My Dad loved it when I made it for him, but I think he was just really impressed that my name was one the recipe card. He loves it when I send him articles I've written. He has all of them in a binder. And has added this to the binder.
I wish it was large enough to read. That's way too small for my eyes.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #74
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I wish it was large enough to read. That's way too small for my eyes.
Mine, too. And it's low-resolution. Completely unreadable.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #75
Chef Extraordinaire

Unfortunately, the file is 4 MB which exceeds DC's size for pdfs. If you PM me with your email addy, I will send it as a pdf attachment.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #76
Chef Extraordinaire

What is the dish?
Old 07-05-2016, 10:29 PM   #77
Master Chef

CWS's "Swedish Inspired Lamb Chops With Dill Sauce and Hasselback Potatoes". Don't ask for the ingredients list, though. Impossible to read at posted size when you click on the image, fuzzy beyond belief if you increase the size through your browser.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:10 PM   #78
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Congratulations! Those photo shots are amazing. Too bad Mom can't fully appreciate your professional efforts with food. Sounds like Dad is going to have a binder full of your work. He may have to go to Binder #2.
How curious that Addie can see what the rest of us don't! There must be a secret.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:00 AM   #79
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Ok. My dad was a butcher, so I grew up on this stuff. Your photo isn't a shoulder (or blade) chop, nor is it an arm steak, which is just the part of the shoulder cut extending into the front leg, and which tends to be a little more fatty. It's a lamb round steak, also called a leg steak or leg chop. It's a cut from the thigh and one of the more muscled parts of the animal. The bone running through it is the femur. Andy's photo correctly shows a shoulder chop.

I'm confused - On your diagram the shoulder and front shank and rear shank cuts shows a picture of a cut with a round bone in it like Caslon posted.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:30 AM   #80
Head Chef

Yep, I'm updated now on what my parents used to buy decades ago, it was a leg lamb chop, rather than a shoulder chop like I originally posted. Tougher cut of lamb. I liked how they were "chop" shaped. It's hard now to find a chop shaped shoulder lamb chop from where I buy these days. Occasionally I find a package that has two reasonably shaped shoulder lamb chops in the pack. I buy and freeze them.

Also, yes...lamb leg chops have less fat in them, less tender, less seen in supermarkets now. I liked how leg chops were so...chop shaped. Oval, a round bone at one end. I see packaged "shoulder chops" today in my supermarket and wonder...wth?

Tags
cook, lamb, recipe

How Should Lamb Chops be Cooked? We skipped going to the Bacon Fest and went and had dinner at a place that we had never been to before. BIG MISTAKE.:ohmy: First off I think some Yelp reviewers are liars. I would only have rated the place a 1, and that's just because I'm nice.They gave the place almost 5 stars.. Seriously? That being said. I went out of my comfort zone and ordered what should have been Lamb chops. It was the Special on the dinner menu. They were chopped alright. Never having it before I'm suspecting they over cooked it. Is Ketchup supposed to accompany it? I thought mint jelly was the rule. It was tough as nails. dry as dust, flavorless. S&P was the only seasoning. Is that the way it should have been cooked? Hubby and I traded plates. He's such a gentleman. :flowers: Ummm, the fish and chips that he ordered wasn't Cod as the menu said it was supposed to be. Rubber bands was more like it. Our dogs loved it. They would.:rolleyes: 3 stars 1 reviews