"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Lamb

Old 05-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #11
Executive Chef

No, it was a freebie recipe from the Welsh Lamb Marketing Board which I got at my butcher's a while back.

I do not like goat meat. I've tried it in a number of ways, Jamaican goat curry, for example... just not too keen!

I love lamb. Our local lamb is wonderful, but we also import chilled lamb from New Zealand so there is always lots and lots of different lamb cuts in the butcher's section of our supermarkets. I always tend to use my local butcher, rather than the supermarkets for meat purchases.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Ishbel

You are wise to eat lamb. Especially when it is so available to you. I have to search long and hard to lamb. Only offered around here at Easter and then no one buys it. I wish I could buy more but don't want to keep it too long. Only freeze for six months I believe. Thanks for letting me know about goat. Guess that is why isn't available here. not good.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:04 PM   #13
Senior Cook

We can easily get goat from a Halal butcher. Lamb shanks is something we cooked for both the dogs and us, they were once cheap. Now I get them rib cages from the dogs bin at the supermarket, and from the same place I get ribs for us, for stock.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #14
Cook

Glad to see so many people viewed my lamb roast photo :), thanks for nice words. Recently I did few ducks so I try to post some picture in the appropriate poultry forum. Here is a bit more on one Leg of lamb roast & shanks!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

I like to keep my recipes simple and just slow roast the shank with lots of salt and pepper. The cooking time varies but you know it's ready when the meat falls off the bone. Yum!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Hi dcer's.

I want to cook my GF some lamb shanks this friday night and looking for a recipe that uses mushrooms and red wine. Also chasing a really nice recipe for some mash potato's to have with the dish. Thank you

Tags
None