So I Bought This Boneless Leg Of Lamb...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lynann...mmm hoggit is lovely! Its really hard to get hold of in UK, and mutton is non-existant. I love lamb, but hoggit is splendid. And mutton pie or stew....the age adds so much flavour.

What DID Black Chef decide to do with the lamb?! ;)

Lulu, I can get both (occasionally) via my friendly, neighbourhood butcher. Mutton pies (a Scots staples) aren't the same when made wtih lamb.:)

Oooh you lucky thing Ishbel! I would say in the south west you are occasionally blessed if you know someone with rare breeds or get some your self. My London butchers just blink and tell me its not possible often. I use the same butcher's as certain celebrity chefs, so its not my choice of supplier!

Mutton pies.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lulu said:
What DID Black Chef decide to do with the lamb?! ;)

His plans changed so he froze the leg - will make later.

EDITED TO SAY - WHY on earth did I say "she" - I know Black Chef is a he - weird - anyway - I changed the Her to a His and the she to a he! Sorry about that BC!

Last edited:
kitchenelf said:
His plans changed so he froze the leg - will make later.

EDITED TO SAY - WHY on earth did I say "she" - I know Black Chef is a he - weird - anyway - I changed the Her to a His and the she to a he! Sorry about that BC!

no problem... i'm aware that i'm a male. it's kinda obvious.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

i make lamb with a middle east flavor.
i use currypowder and yoghurt with other herbs ofcourse. its a very nice stew but it needs 2-3 hours cooking/preparing. not an everydaydish but very nice !
if someone is interested in the recipe , pm me bc i have to translate te recipe to english first.

Back
Top Bottom