Rabbit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Uncle Bob likes biscuits!!!:LOL: My father used to hunt rabbits, so we had it often. My Mother cooked it with onions, red wine, stock, thickened it a bit at the end. I also like it in a mustard sauce.

Loprraine said:
I think Uncle Bob likes biscuits!!!:LOL: My father used to hunt rabbits, so we had it often. My Mother cooked it with onions, red wine, stock, thickened it a bit at the end. I also like it in a mustard sauce.
Lolly, have you ever made the "bunny" on p. 115?

just looking at the pics. made me sick. don't think i could eat a rabbit.

babe:(:(

Then you'd be missing some delicious eating! Rabbit is lower in fat and cholesterol than even the white meat of chicken, and it has soooo much more flavor.

After I finish these thesis dinners, I'm SO over to my rabbit farmer for a couple of animals.... I have such a taste for some, right now!

My x-DW's aunt used to raise rabbits for food (she lived in Louisiana). I loved the way she made fried rabbit with brown milk gravy with mashed potatoes or rice ... she also made a rabbit "coq a vin" ... and a rabbit gumbo.

I think Aunt Margaret's biggest problem was segregating the rabbits that laid eggs near Easter time ... the ones that laid chocolate eggs were the real money makers!

My x-DW's aunt used to raise rabbits for food (she lived in Louisiana). I loved the way she made fried rabbit with brown milk gravy with mashed potatoes or rice ... she also made a rabbit "coq a vin" ... and a rabbit gumbo.

I think Aunt Margaret's biggest problem was segregating the rabbits that laid eggs near Easter time ... the ones that laid chocolate eggs were the real money makers!
Hey Michael, were those solid chocolate eggss or the darn hallow ones? Did it require a special buck or rooster to "fill-em up"? hahaha:bounce:

We have a store here that sells all kinds of "weird" meat... Kangaroo, buffalo, venison, alligator, frog legs... I'm going soon to see if they have rabbit. I've only had it once but, really liked it.

I used to hunt them at night..."headlighting" it was called...Make a large loop behind the house and come home with just about as many as you wanted to dress....Today they are few a far between...Fire Ants, Coyotes, pesticides?? I dunno.
Then I got into raising them...9 does...3 bucks...More fryers than I could keep up with...
I'm not a big fan of liver...However domestic rabbit liver is fantastic!! Dusted with flour and fried...very tender and mild flavor...Excellent meat!

We have a store here that sells all kinds of "weird" meat... Kangaroo, buffalo, venison, alligator, frog legs... I'm going soon to see if they have rabbit. I've only had it once but, really liked it.

Actually, those meats just sound weird. They don't taste weird at all. OTOH, you can keep your opossum..... :ermm::wacko:

Back
Top Bottom