Aaaargh! My husband is SO picky!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thier1754 said:
<<...after 35 years i doubt you'll change anything, and i don't think it is a reason for divorce after 35 years.>>

I promise, CharlieD, I won't divorce him. :rolleyes: :)
Good, don't. Actually I know how you feel. My wife doesn't eat any seafood, and I love it. When we get to travel, I purposly pick places that serve feesh, I love good sushi. You see I'm picky too, but ony when it comes to good food versus bad food.

thier1754 said:
I finally ordered him some tempura shrimp and he ate that with a glass of beer.

i know im new (and a guy) but...their-in lies the secret...give him MORE BEER!

get a guy drunk and we will eat anything.

there are way to many dirty jokes to be made here, so i will stop at that. :sick:

just get yer man drunk and tell him to eat and shutup!

Ok, I havent read through the entire thread, so...my first thought is dont bring your hubby to a sushi restaurant if he doesnt like it in the first place, and especially rotating sushi. Sushi is an aquired taste, very personal to each of us. Picture your hubby taking you out to a restaurant you hate :) My hubby hates chinese, so thats off bounds for us. Me and my daughter get take out when we're in the mood for that, and make sure to get my hubby something he loves.

thier1754 said:
(He hates fish) His whole family is like that..."What's this? What's in this? I don't eat that...I don't like those. The consistency's wrong...etc., etc." Is there any way to cure this? After 35 years, we're starting to travel now and then, but it's no fun with a picky eater.

Noone should be forced to eat what they "hate". Dining out should be a pleasant experience, particularly since you're paying to get what you want.

Re picky eaters: It's a matter of taste. You mentioned his whole family is like that. Could have something to do with what food-eating habits mothers teach their children. The majority of picky eaters seem to be children and men.

As far as "curing" someone, to me, life/relationships are about compromise & respecting one another. I find the more one trys to force someone into doing something they don't want to do, the further away they will go.

I had one friend, whatever restaurant we went to, she would find something wrong & send it back. You can't please everyone. Maybe food & psychology are not far apart.

Good points, Mish. There's a lot of baggage attached to food in some families, and you're not going to change all that by forcing an attitude.

Back
Top Bottom