"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-11-2005, 08:43 AM   #31
Senior Cook

Camilla has succeeded where her grandmother or great, couldn't. She (Camilla) graduated from the royal bed to the royal altar. Must be quite a royal feather in her cap. How many husbands has she cuckolded? She must have a very special personality.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:47 AM   #32
Executive Chef

As far as I am aware, she has only had one previous husband - so the answer to your question must be one.

And frankly, even if cheating on a spouse was to be only allowed to us 'commoners' it would be a club with a fairly hefty membership, don't you think?

Old 04-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Experience

Knowing what I do from my own marriage, my mother in law always felt whatever her son did was okay. She could have told him not to degrade me in front of his family and friends but instead she remained quiet and said nothing. I surely would have told anyone who comments derogatory remarks to someone in my family. Not necessary. I would have commented something positive about the person. I just wonder what Diana had to go through. Seemed so innocent. I know Camila must have thick skin. One remark was made, 'she walked in madam and came ut a mam'. How appropriate. People bowing down to her. Also saw picture of her with a horse face. My brothers don't think she is such a catch. They don't think she is attractive. She must have something we can't see! Think she cooks pretty good? Jane Fonda made remark that person can get used to being waited on pretty quick. Comfortable life. I'll never know. Would be awfully hard for me to bow down to Camilla after Diana. Diana seemed so loving. Oh, well doesn't matter what I think Charles gets what he wants.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #34
Executive Chef

As I have previously stated, I have absolutely no interest in the British royal family. But, c'mon folks, some of the comments on here about their looks etc are really low blows.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #35
Executive Chef

Ishbel, I apologize. One often feels if one has money that makes difference in their appearance. No one looks inside anymore. All these makeover and diet show are so popular makes you wonder how many flaws you have and if someone will ask if you want to be on makeover. My cousin thought I was thoughtless when I never commented that I noticed she lost weight. I really don't look at someone for their appearance. Only so they keep clean. I don't like someone who smells dirty.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #36
Executive Chef

ITK
Please, please don't apologise to ME. I'm just not comfortable with the level of personal comments about a family I couldn't care less about, but none of whom have asked to be in the position they find themselves in

As a foreigner, it would be rude of me to make comments about the family of your President. I would conside it rude and uncalled-for, even though I do have pretty strong views about their appearances and personal habits

(BTW, that doesn't mean I won't make my feelings plain about the POLICIES of Mr Bush's GOVT, where those policies affect me, or my country - but internal political matters should, quite rightly in my view, only be discussed between citizens of your country!)
Old 04-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Thread closed.