"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 05-23-2005, 12:46 AM   #1
Master Chef

don't you love this?

when you find all kinds of cash in your pockets? or a birthday card? or your purse?
i found $20 in a bank envelope recently. then i found $5 in a card. then i found what i thought was $4 in the pocket of jeans i'd worn to go get some beef jerky and strawberry eclairs (well, one strawberry, one chocolate- the chocolate was for my Mom), but then my Mom said that she saw a $20 in there, and upon flipping through all the money, we found $46 total, lol! isn't it GREAT when that happens?!

Old 05-23-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

that used to happen to me a lot more during my pub days. clothes would get stripped off, hopefully after i got inside the house, and tossed into a hamper. a coupla weeks later, the singles and fivers that were jammed into my pockets would pay for the washing machines at the laundromat.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:18 AM   #3
Master Chef

did you work at the bar or drink there, bucky?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:23 AM   #4
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I don't find money very often, and when I do, it is usually change! It has happened though.

Another thing I like is when the thing I'm buying turns out to be on sale. I found a beautiful sweater for my mom one Christmas, and when the clerk rang it up, it was almost half off.

Barbara
Old 05-23-2005, 01:23 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

lol luvs, what kind of bar do you think i worked at that i collected a lot of singles????? it was from being a customer. 10's and 20's came out of the wallet, but with beers in hand and teeth, the change minus a tip would just get jammed into pockets.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:47 AM   #6
Master Chef

barbara, i LOVE that! a store i love was bought out and i got $60 of off a $400 purchase!!!!
once i got a $70 pair of jeans for $2.63. that'll stick in my mind for life, lol, cause i thought the clerk was joking and so i dropped the money in her hand and she returned it and so i returned it to HER.
she was like, 'no, honey, they really ARE $2.63.'
i ended up hating those jeans, though.
i can see why they were so cheap!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:50 AM   #7
Master Chef

BUCKY! my GOODNESS! GASP!
Old 05-23-2005, 10:47 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Not me. Keep $ in my wallet in my purse. Too well organized I guess. Mostly carry plastic. Dated a guy who collected silver dollars. He would cash his paycheck in in all silver $. (He jingled when he walked.) After we broke up, found lots of silver under my couch cushions.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #9
Master Chef

Yes and I love it. Always seems to turn up right when I really need it too. I think its my angels hearing my money concerns.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:28 PM   #10
Contest Winner

Talking

I find lots of $20 dollar, $50 dollar , and $100 dollar bills, its just that they all need paid so its hard for me to be Happy about all the bills I find !