Going to Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it only sounds gross, it's really tasty. the stuff we get in the states sucks, the real deal in ireland is deelish.

wait till you have irish dairy products like cheese and butter mellyrn. (smacking lips) awww, i wish i was goin'...
and don't forget to have lots of guinnesses. even if you've tried it and don't like it, try it while there. i wasn't a fan of guinness until i had it in dublin. it was so fresh, light, and tasty. again, the export stuff sucks...

Mell............3 of my sister in laws are heading there in August also. My brother in law is a mechanic in Iraq and he's going to meet them there. He was to return home in August but has decided to stay till December. Anyway, I'm not sure where their staying except its in the country and they'll have to catch the bus to go into town. Have a safe trip.....I'm jealous. I'd love to see Ireland, Austrailia, and Italy.

Hey SizzlininIn. . . I think you should join your sister in laws. Seems only fair.
I've seen a little of Italy. Hopefully, one day I'll get to Australia. I actually have a couple of friends there so I'd even have a place to stay.

Buckytom. . I'm definitely going to try the Black Pudding. After all, it is on the list of 50 things to try before I die. I can't wait to eat the cheese. I lived for a while in Denmark and one thing I seriously missed when I came home was the bread and cheese. As much as I love my Tillamook there's just something different about European cheese.

tillamook (from oregon. like everything else there, it isn't pronounced the way it's spelled. hey, where's norgeskog lately??????) is good, but i prefer vermont cheeses. haven't had any good wisconsin lately. but irish cheddar, even the aged, extra sharp ones have a wonderful creaminess.

well, most things in ireland are creamy. i went to an italian restaurant in belfast and ordered pork pizzaola. it was in a tomato-cream sauce.:(

Back
Top Bottom