Young Child caught in Toyland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
3-year-old rescued from stuffed-animal vending machine

ELKHART, Ind. - A crane vending machine can be frustrating enough when you’re trying to snatch a little stuffed toy from its steely clutches. Imagine if the prize it’s denying you is your own 3-year-old son.

James Manges II managed to climb up the chute and inside one of the machines Thursday, swinging around for an hour amid the plush toys he coveted before firefighters freed him. :huh:
James’ mother, Danielle Manges, said they had paid an early morning visit to a Wal-Mart in this northern Indiana city because he had been sick and was sleeping odd hours. After she denied him money to play the vending-machine game, he threw a juice box and climbed into the machine while his mother picked it up.

“Within two seconds he had climbed through the hole, into the chute and pushed the door shut so we couldn’t get him out,” she said. :ermm:

At first, Manges thought it was funny: “He was playing with all the toys and hanging from the bar like a monkey.”

She even bought a disposable camera to take pictures, as other shoppers did. But she soon became upset when Wal-Mart employees said they did not have a key to let James out.

Firefighters removed the back of the machine to free James — who went home empty-handed.

“He definitely didn’t get a toy after that,” Manges said. :rolleyes:

----
The Associated Press
Updated: 10:06 p.m. ET May 21, 2005

oooh break out the digital camera. you wanna talk about embarrassing him when he starts dating. that'll be pay backs enough lol.

At least she didn't give him a toy. I'm so sick of seeing kids steal things (candy, toys, etc.), then watching the parents pay for the stolen item and then hand it over to the kid! Last year one of my teaching partner's kids snuck into the teacher's lounge and bought a candy bar from the machine (he knew it was forbidden). When my partner walked up, I said, "Oh look at what 'so-and-so' bought you!" He knew I wasn't joking, so he handed it over to her!

:) Barbara

some children truly lack discipline. it's sad. imagine a child getting away with this in the 1930's. not that they HAD toylands in the 30's but you know what i mean.

I just wish my rump was small enough to fit in one LOL!
Yep I would have been just a little upset but it is kind of funny at the same time !

Now, I just hope that the mother doesn't try a stupid law suit for Walmart having a dangerous toy machine or something. All the stupid ones out there, I wouldn't doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom