Over 30.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We survived because it never occurred to us that we wouldn't survive!!!! Attitude is everything!
That is brilliantly true Cyberchef, there was not the same "everything could potentially do you in" mentality that seems to prevail in most aspects of society (especially the nightly news) today.

My toast for tonight's clinking of glasses is, "3 cheers for the childhoods we all had - they made us the wonderful people we are today!" :clap:

My toast for tonight's clinking of glasses is, "3 cheers for the childhoods we all had - they made us the wonderful people we are today!" :clap:[/QUOTE]

I'll drink to that!

My fourth grade students come to me wanting to go to the nurse because they are "bleeding." I ask where, and they show me a tiny pinpoint spot of blood from where they picked at something. I tell them that when I was a kid your arm had to be practically severed and hanging from your body before you would even think to ask to see the school nurse about it! Of course you finished playing and waited until recess was over before asking too!

:) Barbara

Let's not forget

the unbearable hardship of having to watch our TV cartoons in black and white

moms wore lipstick and girls in junior high school didn't

you had to cut up brown grocery bags to make covers for your schoolbooks

nobody worried about what was in the Halloween candy

baby oil and iodine - the perfect suntan lotion

mudbug said:
baby oil and iodine - the perfect suntan lotion

Burn baby, burn. I remember that. I was too fair to do it, but, I have relatives who are shrunken up from baking on the beach. I also remember tanning salons & being baked like a grilled cheese sammich. I also remember the Coppertone kid and the little doggie. All those years bakin' in the sun, & on "tar beach" (the roof), as we called it in New Yawk, I cover up now.

Hee hee,b/w cartoons, I remember Popeye and Betty Boop.

I remember Mighty Mouse and Heckel and Jeckel (Popeye too, actually). Up on the roof was a song by the Drifters.

Where I grew up, the suntan lotion was kept in the baby oil bottle and squirted on at regular intervals, to the sound of 50 or so transistor radios (AM stations only) playing Beach Boys tunes (summer, you know). Our 'beach' was this cool quarry that the park district turned into a community swimming pool, complete with diving boards and floats out in the deep end. Ah, youth.

mudbug said:
cool link, mish.

Sigh - the Drifters, Four Tops, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding...

they beat the crap of out kids like Kanye West and company.

Snorting with laughter here. Would that be SWL?

mudbug said:
cool link, mish.

Sigh - the Drifters, Four Tops, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding...

they beat the crap of out kids like Kanye West and company.

You said it. Stop in the name of love, before you break my heart. Think it O O ver. Who can forget Johnny Angel, How I Love Him. How I tingle when he passes by.

Snorting With Laughter....Singing While Looped....Snapping White Laundry....

OK, time to go...sorry for the weirdness.

Back
Top Bottom