Egg Soup TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My mom use to make this for us as kids when we were feeling under the weather. It was loved and will be passed on to my kids. So easy and quick.
Heat 2 quarts of beef stock season with salt and pepper.Heat 4 soup bowls, Place a slice of lightly toasted country bread Then crack an egg over each slice of toast. Pour the HOT stock over the eggs making sure to cover by a few inches. Sprinkle with parmesan then add more pepper. Let stand til egg whites are cooked to taste. Serve this number HOT
kades

This was definitely one for my kids also. But I used chicken stock. There is something to be said for "Chicken Stock." My kids also like to have the egg shirred into the stock. :angel:

And more for the children of Conn. :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

I've never heard of this before but it certainly sounds good. Thanks for sharing it .. I am going to try this one.

Sounds good Kades! I put a raw egg in a bowl before I pour my boiling Ramen noodle soup over the top. The egg cooks perfectly in a couple of minutes. Easy comfort food.

My kids also like Pastina with a shirred egg when they were babies. Pastina is similar to Couscous. If you have ever had Progresso Chickarina Soup, that has the Pastina in it. Pastina is one of the first solids for Italian babies. Cooked right, it can be very creamy. and with the shirred egg, they are also getting the iron from the yolk and protein from the white. I would always cook it in chicken broth. :angel:

It sounds good. I'd have to first make bread, though. I don't buy bread because I rarely eat bread.
Well then get thy self busy, you will really like this but it would be good with pastina or any teeny tiny pasta. in there or even bread cubes from the store.
kades

Sounds good Kades! I put a raw egg in a bowl before I pour my boiling Ramen noodle soup over the top. The egg cooks perfectly in a couple of minutes. Easy comfort food.
Emmm sounds good and I have Ramen soup to use so I know what my lunch or even breakfast will be.
Thanks Kayelle:yum:
kades

They will :) I will have to add some cooked onions or spinach for my daughter. She won't eat without veg. I think I could make many versions of this. It's a lovely base recipe!
Good for her and the veggies will be a great touch for the recipe. Hum for me something green would be nice. Maybe chard or spinach?
kades

Good for her and the veggies will be a great touch for the recipe. Hum for me something green would be nice. Maybe chard or spinach?
kades

Caty and I are the veggie eaters in my house and the boys are the meat eaters.

I love leafy greens and so does Caty. We call swiss chard spinach in SA (weird) the only genuine spinach we get is baby spinach.
I think cabbage would work well in this recipe too. I love eggs so this will be a lovely substitute for me on nights that I make chicken for everone else. I'm still not over my chicken phobia :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom