Enhanced Lentil Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I made some lentil soup with the standard ingredients, lentils, water, salt, garlic, a bit of coriander, turmeric. It was very good, and there was a significant amount ready for freezing (about a quart). Two nights back, I decided to thaw the leftovers and have some soup for supper. I had gotten out ground beef to make a burger, with fries for DW (she's not crazy about soup), and some spinach. As I was preparing her and my separate supper dishes, I thought about how well ground beef goes with beans in a host of recipes. I played with the flavors in my head and decided to brown about a 1/4 pound of ground beef and add it to the soup. I also played in my mind with the flavors of the spinach with the soup. It worked in my head, and so I added half a cup of the cooked spinach to the soup.

I have to tell you, these two additions are wonderful. They both complement the lentil soup well. The soup came out very good. I'm eating some right now for lunch, with a bit of black pepper added. I am so glad I tried this combination. I hope you get a chance to try it. Had to share it.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

sounds good, chief. i especially like the idea of sneaking the spinach into the soup. gotta get my boy to eat more veggies.

Back
Top Bottom