TNT Spinach Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is delightful. I love it so do the kids.Wash 2 lbx. fresh spinach pick off the big stems and cook them with just the water that clings, til they are tender.Drain and squeeze out as much water as you can. Puree in f/p or blender with 1 cup of chicken or beef broth Set aside. Melt 4 tab. butter in a sauce pan, add 4 tab. flour and cook for 2-3 min. do not let the flour brown. Slowly add the pureed mixture together with 1-1/4 c. half & half 1 clove crushed ,garlic and 6 oz. grated Gruyere,Blend seasonings add some salt and pepper. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg or a spoonful of sour cream. I like to float a thin slice of lemon on top.
enjoy
kades

Last edited:
This is delightful. I love it so do the kids.Wash 2 lbx. fresh spinach pick off the big stems and cook them with just the water that clings, til they are tender.Drain and squeeze out as much water as you can. Puree in f/p or blender with 1 cup of chicken or beef broth Set aside. Melt 4 tab. butter in a sauce pan, add 4 tab. flour and cook for 2-3 min. do not let the flour brown. Slaowly add the pureed mixture together with 1-1/4 c. half & half 1 clove crushed ,garlic and 6 oz. grated Gruyere,Blend seasonings add some salt and pepper. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg or a spoonful of sour cream. I like to float a thin slice of lemon on top.
enjoy
kades

Wowie zowie - 1 cup broth & 1 1/4 half & half. Sounds very rich. Guessing it yields about 2 servings.) Reminds me... will also have to put spinach stracciatella soup on the list.)

Wowie zowie - 1 cup broth & 1 1/4 half & half. Sounds very rich. Guessing it yields about 2 servings.) Reminds me... will also have to put spinach stracciatella soup on the list.)
Hi Cerise,
this is rich but worth it I think. It will serve 4-6 and I just use some fresh grated nutmeg on top and don't bother with sour cream.:yum:
Post your stracciatella spinach soup please.I love spinach and any kind of greens.
kades

kadesma, my two Thanksgiving guests and I each had a small bowl of this creamy, bright green soup for starters yesterday. It was heavenly! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. :flowers:

kadesma, my two Thanksgiving guests and I each had a small bowl of this creamy, bright green soup for starters yesterday. It was heavenly! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. :flowers:
I'm so happy you liked the soup. We love it as well the kids always ask for more please;)
kades

Back
Top Bottom