Succotash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Succotash

1/4 pound sliced bacon
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 ears corn, kernels cut off and cobs discarded
1 large fresh jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
1/2 pound okra, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
3/4 pound cherry tomatoes (1 pint), halved
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cook bacon in a large skillet over moderate heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, leaving fat in skillet.
Add onion to skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in corn, jalapeno, lima beans, okra, and tomatoes and cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper, and adjust seasonings, to taste. Serve succotash with bacon crumbled over the top.

I make succatash almost the same; I use bell peppers instead of the jalapeno (sometimes I will add chopped green chiles), and I use frozen butter beans instead of lima at times.

For some reason this reminded me of an old cartoon, suffering succotash:LOL: Was that the tweetie bird and Sylvester cartoon?:)

Yup. It was Sylverster that always used that phrase, whether he was trying to best the baby kangaroo, or teaching junior to catch mice, or the ecaped black panther episode. Doesn't matter. He used it all the time, and with a lisp and some generous slober. :rolleyes:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom