Hello from a new member in Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Call me V

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone,

My name is Vienna, but everyone just calls me V. I'm a food science major in my third year of school. For as long as I can remember I've loved grocery shopping but have never actually enjoyed cooking. I've always just kind of left that to my parents. But lately I've been trying my hand at it. And shocker... it's kind of fun.

I've been a dancer and active in fitness my whole life, and nutrition has been a growing part of that since I was in the ninth grade and watched Dad preparing for a triathlon. It fascinated me how food and performance worked hand in hand with each other. Now my friends all come to me for nutritional advice but I'm finding I'm not able to provide as much practical advice (food prep and cooking) as I'm able to provide theoretical advice. So I'm on a mission to learn more, so when I tell someone to eat more veggies, and they ask how to prepare them so they're tasty and healthy I won't just say, "Ummm, google it."

I'm a big veggie eater, but not a vegetarian. Opposite of veggies I don't particularly like breads, rices, and pasta. I love Mediterranean food and don't like Italian (don't hate for it). And my cooking skills rank one step above making cold cereal and one step below cooking an egg over-easy.

So that's me. I'm looking forward to lots of reading and learning :)

Welcome to DC. Boy, did you come to the right place for learning. The good news is that there are no tests or studying to do. And you get to eat your homework instead of the dog doing it. :angel:

welcome v.

one of the best players on my little league team is named vianna, so i called her v. she loved it.

it's much better to chant when she was at bat or on the mound. since we were the only ones who ever called her that (seemed pretty natural to me), she said it gave her a lot of confidence.

i hope we can chant v for you too. :)

Welcome to DC, V. :flowers:

My youngest daughter Victoria has also been "V" to family members for almost 30 years now. :)

Hello everyone,

My name is Vienna, but everyone just calls me V. I'm a food science major in my third year of school. For as long as I can remember I've loved grocery shopping but have never actually enjoyed cooking. I've always just kind of left that to my parents. But lately I've been trying my hand at it. And shocker... it's kind of fun.

I've been a dancer and active in fitness my whole life, and nutrition has been a growing part of that since I was in the ninth grade and watched Dad preparing for a triathlon. It fascinated me how food and performance worked hand in hand with each other. Now my friends all come to me for nutritional advice but I'm finding I'm not able to provide as much practical advice (food prep and cooking) as I'm able to provide theoretical advice. So I'm on a mission to learn more, so when I tell someone to eat more veggies, and they ask how to prepare them so they're tasty and healthy I won't just say, "Ummm, google it."

I'm a big veggie eater, but not a vegetarian. Opposite of veggies I don't particularly like breads, rices, and pasta. I love Mediterranean food and don't like Italian (don't hate for it). And my cooking skills rank one step above making cold cereal and one step below cooking an egg over-easy.

So that's me. I'm looking forward to lots of reading and learning :)
Welcome to DC and pile in with the questions. There are lots of interesting recipes posted on here too, so have a root round.

Some of us (well, me really) are "traditionally built", to quote Mma Ramotswe, and would probably appreciate a sound talking to on the technical and nutritional dietary side too. (I can hear cries of "Speak for yourself, Fatty" hailing from all over the DC world :LOL:)

Back
Top Bottom