Hello from Thailand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tambalai

Assistant Cook
Hello (Sawatdeeca)

Sorry I still learn english
I am Khwanjai I am good chef in Thailand

I join here to help pepl learn about Thai food
I have meny recipes to give for evreone just ask me waht you want

I get engry wehn peple say Thai cooking spicy all the time, I show you how to cook and enjoy learn about flavors notall spicy

End I make new website about learn Thai cooking this month only just open for members you can look

Just ask me qestion end I help you wit thai food
My husband help me in videos, he is instruktor for diving but him good teach end funny man customer like him make videofor me and him from england write on website

if you not understan tell me I ask him write for me but I want write more english so please try understan I learn englis you learn thai cooking ok

Thenk you very much for reading
Khwanjai

Welcome to Discuss Cooking,
glad to have you join us.

kadesma:)

Welcome to DC!! I live in Perth, Western Australia so not too far from you. Thai food is very common here and I enjoy eating it. Some restaurants don't understand that Thai food is about the flavours and they just make it spicy. I agree with you though, it can be very aromatic and flavoursome full of fresh ingredients. Lovely!! Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Thenk you very much Kadesma and Bily I like you speak abou flavours not many foriner know about thet end make mistake. good for you

I put already nice pork ribs recipe in ethnic foods for you if you like, very tasty

Khwanjai
Thank you very much

Sawatdeeca Khwanjai !

Love Thai food! - best Thai meal I've had was at a restaurant in Kanchanaburi where all the local people ate - not sure what I ate(think it was chicken) as the menu was in Thai and no one spoke english but it was VERY good ! Your english is good - can't wait to try all your recipes !

Tanya

you like spicy?

My whole family loves Thai food--so I'm really glad to welcome you to DC!! And for us the spicier the better.....and your English is really good---keep working at it........

Thenk you very much expatgirl, I'm start feel very welcome
If you like spicy I give you som tam recipe 5 minit i put in ethnic bit
I eat evrday good for diet

Thenk you very much
Khwanjai

very welcome

Sawatdeeca Khwanjai !

Love Thai food! - best Thai meal I've had was at a restaurant in Kanchanaburi where all the local people ate - not sure what I ate(think it was chicken) as the menu was in Thai and no one spoke english but it was VERY good ! Your english is good - can't wait to try all your recipes !

Tanya

Sawatdeeca Tanya

Now feel very welcome I live in Korat end go thru Kanchanaburi evry time we go Pattaya when my husband go teach diving end last time we eat there funny ha ha, him do uturn and police man make him pay 100bht him engry but I laugh ha ha I think him not do again :ROFLMAO:

Thenk you very much
Khwanjai

Hi Khwanjai, I'm an Asian expat living in Bangkok for three years now. I love living in this country. I love the food as well, spicy or not. Welcome to DC!

Thankyou Chopstix

I like it here, evre one so friendy, i live in Korat end live in Bangkok long time befor

I put 2 recipes in ethnic now already so you like i hope 1 spicy end 1 not spicy

I do some more tomorow, if you need help you ask ok

Thenk you very much
Khwanjai

hi and welcome!
i'm coming to thai this august for about 20 days (bangkok+samui), i'm very curious about thai cook!
especially papaya salad

Hi KLSBIGDOG
I like to welcom you to DC I only join today to

OK I put recipe in ethnic for you but hev to go cooking now

My customers at my website vote it number1 favorit

Thenk you very much
Khwanjai

Thai visit

hi and welcome!
i'm coming to thai this august for about 20 days (bangkok+samui), i'm very curious about thai cook!
especially papaya salad

Hi pavellina

Meny peple like Thai food, Papaya salad famous evrewher but meny place make to spicy for foriner and me to sometime

Not confuse we use green unripe papaya for salad, not sweet, but sour
end good for diet and body

I pt recipe in ethnic you see befor or not

Thenk you very much
khwanjai

Khwanjai, can you please post your recipe for Gai Haw Bai Toey (chicken wrapped in Pandanus leaves)? Many thanks!

Thank you Khwanjai, and welcome to DC. Don't worry about your English - it's good and it will improve here. I look forward to your recipes!

Glad you are joining us, Khwanjai. My favorite Thai dish is Mee Krob, spicy and sweet. Do you have a recipe for that dish? Will you please share it with me? Thank you!

Hi Chopstix

Khwanjai, can you please post your recipe for Gai Haw Bai Toey (chicken wrapped in Pandanus leaves)? Many thanks!

So sorry, this one not on website yet, but I have my recipe here for you hope you understend it, Jules just quick look to check but not have much time

I think no good for evrebody here because BaiToey not easy outside Thailand, I thing you heve to order from Thai shop But OK for you in Thailand

Gai-Hor-Bai-Toey

Ingredients:

1 Chicken
10-15 Leave
3 tbs Oyster Sauce
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
2 tbs Fish Sauce
1 tbs Seasoning Sauce
2 tbs Sesame Oil
1 Clove Garlic (small)
1 tbs Ginger
2 tbs Black Pepper
1 tbs Coriander Root
1 tbs Lime juice
1 kg. Cooking Oil
20 or more Bai Toey Leaves
Cocktail sticks

Preparation:

Wash and cut the chicken medium size pieces, leg in half, of wing size

Take mortar put in black pepper pound until you get like to powder add the garlic and coriander root
and ginger pound until everything mix together and leave

Cut and sqeeze lime about 1 tbs
Chop bai-toey finely (about 2-3 leaves)

Put the chicken into the big bowl add lime juice,coconut milk, oyster sauce, fish sauce, seasoning sauce, sesame oil and add the mixture from the mortar

And add finely chopped bai-toey mix everything together leave about 2-3 hrs

Then wrap chicken in more bai toey leaves and fix with cocktail sticks just before you cook

Deep Fry

Pour cooking oil in a big pan medium heat when you get medium hot add the chicken in bai-toey for fry deep (oil not too hot) until you get golden brown turn over leave for fry again if you get golden brown remove
from gas, DONE

Dipping Sauce (Nam Jin)

3 tbs Sugar
5 tbs Vinegar
1 ts Salt
1 ts Chilli Powder

Cooking

Put vinegar in a small pan,add sugar low/heat stir until sugar dissolves remove from heat leave to get
cool add the chilli powder and salt mix everything and taste if you like flavour DONE

you welcome to use but not publich please
copyright 2008 Thairecipevideos

Welcome to DC, I am new also and loving the forums. I don't know Thai food (have only tried Pad Thai), but would love to learn. My daughter has a friend in visiting USA (Wisconsin) from Thailand as a foreign exchange student. She is teaching the girls about your interesting culture and is enjoying American things like school dances and ice skating (which is not wholly American, but she had not done before).

Can't wait to see your website! What is your favorite food?

Back
Top Bottom