Hello from the United Kingdom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgepro-UK

Assistant Cook
Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire, UK and US Location- Mo
Just saying hello to everyone. Not sure how many are from the UK that are on the forum, but thought I would become a member none the less.

I'm originally from just outside of Mobile, Alabama. Now live in the UK.

I'm not a huge kitchen fan, I prefer to be out next to the BBQ. Though here in the UK that can often mean a wet and windy cook out with everyone standing in the door watching you and thinking you have lost your mind. Though I'm slowly converting them to the joys of good-ole fashion cook-out.

I run a online business dealing with outdoor gear and knives (yes that includes kitchen) and we are also the recognized distributor for the Edge Pro sharpening systems here in the UK & EU, but also provide them within the US as well.

To be honest that is how I stumbled across this site while doing a bit of research on users and what they thought about the systems and such. Don't think I came here for commercial reasons only though... I've already read a few of the threads on here and my mouth is watering and I'm itching to get in front of the stove. I can feel the pounds gaining already just reading.

Well off to read a few more post before I hit the bed. I'll be glad to answer any questions I can in reguards to the Apex systems as long as your willing to bear with me and answer my questions about how to cook something.

cheers,
Joe

Welcome to DC, Edgepro------never lived in the UK and certainly wouldn't mind, but come thru London and Reading a lot.......love the people and your country and history---I'm a Tudor history fan!!!! My husband works for a British company........ I'll answer any questions about cooking but I need no info on Apex in exchange........I'm computer-challenged as it is...........welcome again!!!

It works out fairly well as the wife can cook the traditional british food, where as I do well with the southern american styles for the most part. Unfortuantly I find mself often trying to source some things here in the UK that the local markets just can't provide or the price is 3 times that of the US plus interest.

thanks for the welcome to the site though.

cheers,
Joe

Welcome, edgepro-
I imagine your southern drawl must be quite a novelty for the brits :)
It's great to have you here - what are your favorite things to bbq?

Just saying hello to everyone. Not sure how many are from the UK that are on the forum, but thought I would become a member none the less.

I'm originally from just outside of Mobile, Alabama. Now live in the UK.

I'm not a huge kitchen fan, I prefer to be out next to the BBQ. Though here in the UK that can often mean a wet and windy cook out with everyone standing in the door watching you and thinking you have lost your mind. Though I'm slowly converting them to the joys of good-ole fashion cook-out.

Joe

Welcome, Joe.
That must be some interesting accent you've developed!
Glad you could join us.
Lot's of interesting info here.

Hi and welcome to DC! I lived in Bristol for 2 years and just moved back home to San Francisco last month. I sure don't miss the UK weather!!!

Back
Top Bottom