Hello I cook Albanian Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyAlbanianFood

Assistant Cook
I am in the UK and I am trying to encourage more people to cook and eat Albanian food – it is so yummy!

I’ve tailored recipes to taste exactly like home in measurements that we understand and using ingredients we can get here in the UK. It means Albanians visiting countries outside the UK can still make their favourite foods, it means people can make Albanian food for their Albanian guests and allows more people to be exposed to it.

I always love to hear about how the food has evolved over time, whether westernisation has influenced a change in food and whether people still eat and love the transitional Albanian dishes!

I'm on a mission to bring Albanian Food to the UK and beyond!

My youngest son Poo is married to an Albanian. She has certainly expanded his food list. Their son speaks Albanian to his grandparents and English to his other side of the family. They have been teaching to eat all kinds of foods. And he loves Albanian food.

Welcome to DC

I'vw put a Albanian Pumpkin Pie recipe into another thread - I'm hoping to add recipes to the different categories. Shall there is no 'cuisine' divide on here.

Glad to hear others are trying albanian food Addie!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Discuss Cooking mobile app

My youngest son Poo is married to an Albanian. She has certainly expanded his food list. Their son speaks Albanian to his grandparents and English to his other side of the family. They have been teaching to eat all kinds of foods. And he loves Albanian food.

Welcome to DC

My children are 4 and 2 speak albanian to their grandparents and my husbands side and then english to mine too - it's amazing how they pick it up so quick!

My children are 4 and 2 speak albanian to their grandparents and my husbands side and then english to mine too - it's amazing how they pick it up so quick!

I have two grown grandchildren who have grandparents from Italy. They speak to them in Italian and the rest of the world in English. And they are teaching the great grandchildren to do the same.

I've been looking at Albanian recipes on various internet sites. It all looks very interesting and delicious. Please could you tell us something more about Albanian dishes. I have a map of the world on my study wall, and from that and the bit I know about the food of that area it certainly looks very varied and interesting. However, I'm absolutely sure that you would be able to talk and send recipes that are not necessarily on the Web, or variations on the ones that are. Your description and the sites I looked at about Albanian wine also look very interesting. I'm really like the fact that you wish to share your recipes and knowledge with this Forum.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

(Oscar Wilde was someone who wrote plays (dramas for the theatre), and he liked food. He also wrote famous plays for the theatre, and many of us still use the words he said. He was ironic, in other words, he liked to play with words and sentences in a certain way)

I've been looking at Albanian recipes on various internet sites. It all looks very interesting and delicious. Please could you tell us something more about Albanian dishes. I have a map of the world on my study wall, and from that and the bit I know about the food of that area it certainly looks very varied and interesting. However, I'm absolutely sure that you would be able to talk and send recipes that are not necessarily on the Web, or variations on the ones that are. Your description and the sites I looked at about Albanian wine also look very interesting. I'm really like the fact that you wish to share your recipes and knowledge with this Forum.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

(Oscar Wilde was someone who wrote plays (dramas for the theatre), and he liked food. He also wrote famous plays for the theatre, and many of us still use the words he said. He was ironic, in other words, he liked to play with words and sentences in a certain way)

Hello, its nice to hear from you.

The Albanian cuisine is very to similar to the Turkish and Greek - very Mediterranean but what I love the most about it is that all the recipes are based on home grown fruit and vegetables with all meat supplies raised in the local lands.

Recipes that we eat today such as Byrek, Pite, Lakror (all forms of pies) and Ravani and Kurabie (all forms of cakes) go all the way back into Albanian history. Traditional dishes are things like Flija and lamb and yogurt bakes. Meat is the biggest form of food eaten.

We make our own alcohol from grapes and figs - red wines and Raki.

Nearly everything you need to cook with is from the garden, our land or we swap with neighbours such as eggs for milk!

It's amazing!

Back
Top Bottom