Hi from kittymom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kittymom

Assistant Cook
Transplant from Boston to Colorado, I miss many food products (or preperations) I found back 'home'. One thing remains the same. Soggy French Fries from my deep frier. The frozen ones I buy are fine, but my own are just plain soggy. Any help for an old Irish-Bostonian?:ermm:

Hi, when you make your home made ones, do you do it twice? I soak mine in water for awhile, dry off god with paper towel, fry in small batches a few min. take out to cool, then refry. Good luck ! Sometimes I even put the fries on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer for awhile before second fry. Little time comsuming but worth it.

Barb L.: Thank you for that idea. It never occured to me to try frying twice. Now that you mention it, I seem to remember my beloved aunt, from whom I learned to cook as a child, used to soak her potatoes for french fries. I will try this today and thank you so much!

Welcome!

I too agree to pre-soak in cold water before frying and taking out for a few seconds just before they are finished will help increas the crunchiness of them.

Back
Top Bottom