Hi from the Far North - Cairns, Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nette

Assistant Cook
Hi, my name is Annette and I am a stay at home mum to a 13mth old boy named Tobias. I am looking forward to checking out the forum as I am wanting to begin to make everything from scratch much more that buying packet stuff.:chef:

Hello and welcome to DC. I assume your from England, or maybe Australia? Lots of great info on here, so just explore each of the forums and ask questions.

Hi, Nette, where in the "far north" are you. Cooking from scratch is very satisfying. I am presently making my own sour dough starter, without any yeast. But when I had small children, I was too busy to go quite that far.

yup warm we go swimming for Christmas warm, on the weekend it was 37 deg cel and about 95% humidity we have had beauty summer thunder storms but this type of weather doesn't normally happen until January so am worried about what January will bring

Welcome Netti from frigid Iowa Us my back ground is Scotch English I am retired Chef so make yourself at home we are a bunch of friendly foodies

Hi Annette and welcome to DC! I'm in Perth, WA. There are a few other Australians and New Zealanders on here as well. You will find lots of info here but you will find you never have any time to make anything because you will become so absorbed in all the posts to read and respond to!!! LOL

Welcome, Nette!

Do post a photo of your dear Tobias when you have a chance - we love seeing the "little chefs in training" around here :)

img_517785_0_de29d2a105a279dfbbe17a7cd30f1771.jpg

'helping in the kitchen' by eating BBQ sauce

I was going to add a couple of more photos but couldn't do - not sure why

Last edited:
Hurray for you. Scratch cooking is so rewarding, and as far as I'm concerned the best way to go. I've learned through my 55 years of cooking, I can turn out a gourmet meal in as quick a time as a package cook and sure faster than someone who runs out to the deli or the Colonel's for their dinner. And it sure is fun to create with what you've got at hand. I call it "cooking from the larder" .

Scratch is the way to go, and it is addicting, as well. Monday, I will be baking my first loaf of sourdough bread, made with my first batch of sourdough starter. I didn't use any yeast at all.

Hi Nette, Is the place in Australia that I saw on the news the other day - something about Santa Clause being fired for saying Ho, Ho, Ho because the store manager thought it to be insensative or something like that? I hope Australia is going as crazy as the US. :)

Back
Top Bottom