"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 11-19-2007, 10:16 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccook View Post
By the way, I noted before that there seemed to be a lot of professional cooks here but that was until I saw "assistant cook" under my name and realized it was the title for people who haven't posted much. Duh!
- We do actually have some professionals here. When you wade through the posts I'm sure you'll find them! Welcome to Discuss Cooking and I look forward to some of your favorite recipes!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
Heh, I felt the same way CC. I am enjoying reading all of the threads, but wonder if I will ever get beyone asst cook status.
Hey Cordel, I only joined DC at the end of Oct and I am not too far from 500 posts already!!! Okay I am a blabber mouth, I know!! But to get the most out of any forum, you need to contribute, even if it is only to have someone tell you that you are on the wrong track. At least that gets the discussions happening. Without activity, forums fall over. We don't want that for DC!! It doesn't take long to go up the ranks like that!

There are quite a few topics where my knowledge has been severely limited but then by further reading, I can see a point that I may be able to contribute to within the same thread, even if it is just querying something that is different to in Australia. I haven't started many threads but I try to keep an eye on the threads and post when I can. I also hate to see someone post a new thread and then not have anybody respond to it, so if I can make that person feel like they have been acknowledged, I will, even if I can't actually help them.

There are also so many game threads that you don't need to know anything about that you can join. Have some fun and create some too!!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Thanks, Bilby. Your post in my introduction thread kept me coming back, so I have been trying to follow that example. As time goes on we newbies will get to know others, and be more willing to start or contribute to threads.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Cordel, don't think of yourself as a newbie!! Think of yourself as a member and don't hold back (within reason of course!). Some people with very few posts have been around for ages, they just don't post. If you do something that isn't quite right, someone will politely tell you. For all we know, you could be the most experienced chef on the site. It is only what you type that will tell us otherwise. Anonyminity gives confidence or bravado if you let it.

Glad I inspired you. Now, I just need to find your first thread and remember what I said!! LOL
Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #15
Executive Chef

(Just found the thread.) Gee Cordel! You're easily impressed!!LOL Must remember to put up other posts to your threads!!! :)
Old 11-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
Cordel, don't think of yourself as a newbie!! Think of yourself as a member and don't hold back (within reason of course!). Some people with very few posts have been around for ages, they just don't post. If you do something that isn't quite right, someone will politely tell you. For all we know, you could be the most experienced chef on the site. It is only what you type that will tell us otherwise. Anonyminity gives confidence or bravado if you let it.

Glad I inspired you. Now, I just need to find your first thread and remember what I said!! LOL

I totally agree. There's alot of forums where I take in info instead of posting alot. Good attitude to have.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Quote:
Hey Cordel, I only joined DC at the end of Oct and I am not too far from 500 posts already!!! Okay I am a blabber mouth, I know!! But to get the most out of any forum, you need to contribute, even if it is only to have someone tell you that you are on the wrong track. At least that gets the discussions happening. Without activity, forums fall over. We don't want that for DC!! It doesn't take long to go up the ranks like that!

There are quite a few topics where my knowledge has been severely limited but then by further reading, I can see a point that I may be able to contribute to within the same thread, even if it is just querying something that is different to in Australia. I haven't started many threads but I try to keep an eye on the threads and post when I can. I also hate to see someone post a new thread and then not have anybody respond to it, so if I can make that person feel like they have been acknowledged, I will, even if I can't actually help them.

There are also so many game threads that you don't need to know anything about that you can join. Have some fun and create some too!!
Hi!
I'm new also.... only 2 weeks old! Be careful it's hard to tear yourself away from the 'puter here!

Oh, and Bilby here will have you at executive chef in no time!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Hmm, I am spending too much time cooking, I guess. I am not posting at nearly your rate. Bilby's posts are chatty and easy to respond to.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Be honest Cordel - I blabber!!! :)
Old 11-22-2007, 02:26 AM   #20
Sous Chef

Talking

Hey Hey and welcome :)

Quote:
Be honest Cordel - I blabber!!! :)
At least the lady's honest jokes jokes!!! She's FULL of handy and good info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's a she by the way don't make my mistake