Howdy Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Houdini

Assistant Cook
Howdy. I found this forum as I was trying to find recipes for Forbidden Rice. I read some of the posts and eveyone here seems really friendly, so decided I would like to join.
For years I have been cooking the same old thing and have always wanted to try 'new' foods, but my family is leary of trying new recipes. Well, I've decided since I am the cook in this house that I am going to try new recipes wether they like it or not. So far the new recipes I have tried have been really good and the family hasn't complained. But quite honestly I have come to a point in my life where if they don't want to eat what I cook, they can cook what they want themselves!
I was at the grocery store last week and found Forbidden rice. It looks interesting and the description on the back of the bag sounds like it would taste good. But, I am not sure what to do with it. Would it taste good with stir fry? Or with a little butter and salt and pepper? I don't know.
Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning about new recipes and foods.

Welcome to DC!!
You might be surprised at what your family will be willing to try out. I have brought several different ethnic dishes to our taste buds from being here on DC. Most were winners, some were flops, but, we at least tried them.
I have not tried forbidden rice. I will have to google it to see what it is. Sounds interesting.

Welcome, Houdini! You will be surprised at how many wonderful cooking ideas you find here! That, and the folks here are truly nice.:)

As for the forbidden rice, might I suggest that you start another thread for just that purpose so that more people will see it?

Hi Houdini, welcome to DC! I have tried various types of rice but have yet to run into Forbidden rice. As the name suggests, I would think that it orginates from China and due to its nutritional value, it is rather popular with vegans and vegetarians. As jkath suggested, start a thread and see if anyone can help you with recipes etc. In any case, have a great time here!

Hi Houdini - you might want to start here and click on where it says recipes and ideas. It's a start anyway. I have made it before but now can't remember what I did - there may have been a recipe on the back of the package. I also bought some Bhutanese rice, listed right below it.

Back
Top Bottom