"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
Question I need some advice

Hi, I'm from Michigan and need help choosing a food vacuum sealer. Any body have any experience with these things. So many brands and features. I want simple.

__________________

__________________
furbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,408
Welcome to DC.

The concensus appears to be tha the Tilia Foodsaver is the best brand on the market. A significant number of our members use it and swear by it. There are so many different models that price comparison is difficult.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #3
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,296
I have the Tilia Vac 800, pretty basic model with the jar seal feature. I love it and it serves all my needs. 90% of my use is with the bags, the other 10% is used with mason jars and canisters. I love mine, but the only thing I don't like about it is that when sealing, you have to push on both sides of the sealer to start the seal process and complete it. Takes a bit of effort!!
__________________
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #4
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Straits of Juan de Fuca
Posts: 893
Another vote for the FoodSaver - mine is the Professional model (and old one) and I think the company has updated the model names. But whichever one has the suction button control, to me, is indispensable. Love my FoodSaver!
__________________
cjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 3,381
FoodSaver here too.
__________________
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Loprraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:14 AM   #6
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA,Minnesota
Posts: 1,285
Foodsaver V825 and it's great and simple to use.
__________________
thumpershere2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #7
Senior Cook
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 281
Send a message via Yahoo to JDP
Definitley Foodsaver. I use mine regulary.

JDP
__________________

__________________
JDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.