"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 07-28-2006, 08:26 AM   #21
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Skype™ to AlessandraItaly
Thank you Vagriller

The is no food that is bad for you, what is bad is how you use it, or better, abuse it. Even water could kill you if you drink too much of it. Keep it fresh, varied and simple. Extra vergin olive oil is what makes the big difference...you can abuse that
http://www.slowfood.com/ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AlessandraItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:53 AM   #22
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandraItaly
to cara: did you say that she was right about not speaking another language in the forum? (just checking my german...lol).
I absolutely agree I guess we just got a little carried away.
:
Ciao Alessandra!

A little of another language doesn't hurt! Those of us who don't understand can always babel fish if we feel that left out, LOL. Personally Its great for me....I am trying to learn Italian, because I am off to Milano in a week! Yippee!

I have one of those languae tapes, but keep forgetting where I have got up to and starting at the beginning again...so right now I am really good at hellos and good byes but not much else! LOL

Welcome, it is very friendly and warm here

Old 07-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #23
Assistant Cook

HI! Are you going on vacation or...? Hopefully you know people there who will take you to the right places.
The is no food that is bad for you, what is bad is how you use it, or better, abuse it. Even water could kill you if you drink too much of it. Keep it fresh, varied and simple. Extra vergin olive oil is what makes the big difference...you can abuse that
Old 07-28-2006, 10:14 AM   #24
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandraItaly
HI! Are you going on vacation or...? Hopefully you know people there who will take you to the right places.
No....my husband (there's always a man at the root of it eh!) is working in Milano for a year, he is half Italian (from Florence) and the opportunity was there and probably won't be in the future......so.....

In fact the person who has been great is RDG here....he met with Michael and showed him around and has answered endless questions....he has been wonderful. and I have to say the people for whom my husband is working are great too. They are putting us up in a great apartment for August while we look for something.

I am going out next week to help on the not so successful apartent search but I am not moving out properly until late september...my mother has an operation and I have to arrange transport for our cats and storage for our furniture and letting our flat and.....so much!

Although I understand Italian quite well....my in laws speak Italian at home, I don't yet speak it well....just when I think I have got it I realise that I have replied in Spanish! So my first mission is to get on a language course
Old 07-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #25
Assistant Cook

WOW That is a great opportunity. You are going to love it! While you are there, travel as much as possible. Italy is very small and Venezia, Firenze, Torino, Genova, Siena, Pisa the coast of tuscany...even Rome can be reached over a weekend. You will LOVE the food :)...Actually there is now the University (or Accademy) of Taste I think in Piemonte...Check out my parents' website www.pm-news.net , you can find info, recipes and curiosities about the region of Piemonte which is only 1 hour drive from Milano.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:59 AM   #26
Hospitality Queen

What a beautiful website!
Alessandra, you are going to love it here!
Old 07-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Welcome!