Newbie from TN cooking for celiac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluten_Free_Queen

Assistant Cook
Greeting from Tennessee,

I love cooking, and trying new stuff. Learning to cook for my Celiac boyfriend, challenging keeping up with the ingredients but I manage to make it all work in the end.

hi and welcome!

that must be a challenge to have a celiac boyfriend. how do you find dining out? i recently made a gluten free menu for the restaurant and was so surprised by how many items contain wheat! i think finding gluten free options is a bit easier these days then it was a few years ago though... but it still must be difficult at times.

~GB

:chef:Well it is interesting and actually some restuarants here have GF menus but it is better to ask before hand. Most of them are located online if you search for GF restuarants. Word of mouth is good but I don't know many Celiacs. I eat the same way he does it supports him and its not bad. I miss things like donuts and bread, typically we eat corn tortillas. I make cakes, brownies, and lasagna and chicken dishes among other things.
Its a challenge but I love him and want him to be around a long time so its important to his health then its important to me.

Emeril Green on the Green network (has a web site) has some recipes that adress these issues, and the CIA has a new baking gluten free cookbook. Worth a look too.

Great thanks so much!! This is good information.
I was hoping to get that on here.

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom