"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Not only new here...but new to cooking also!

Hi I'm new here...not only new to this forum but I'm entirely new to cooking! I'm a horrible cook! I have made dry cakes, salty cookies, melted pasta, over cooked...well...over cooked everything...or undercooked things too. I have hardly any experience...so I have come here to learn. I hope you all will assist me and please don't mind my funny questions...thanks

Ghuraba

Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Master Chef

Hi and welcome to DC.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Mr. Greenjeans

Welcome! A lot of the stuff you will surf here is advanced but there are really great basic threads as well. If you can't find an answer, please ask. We all love going into teacher mode.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Head Chef

Hello and welcome to DC! What kinds of food do you like to eat?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Head Chef

Welcome to DC, Ghurab! You're gonna find tons of great recipes here and lots of folks who are willing and able to answer all of your questions. Make yourself at home!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagriller View Post
Hello and welcome to DC! What kinds of food do you like to eat?
Thank you everyone...and I'll appreciate teacher mode! I'm also not so much familar with terms and things so don't mind me asking...hmm foods I like to eat? I love Italian foods, Arabic foods...or just you're simple home made hamburger...really, I love quite a variety of foods...except spicy things...I love japanese rice and egg fried rice...lol actually I did make egg fried rice a few times and it turned out really well! I think thats the only thing I ever made that turned out well...just now I'm boiling an egg and the shell accidently cracked and now its all coming out...I'm horrible but you know it takes practice...and patience of course I think is one of the greatest keys to cooking.

Ghuraba
Old 12-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghuraba View Post
Thank you everyone...and I'll appreciate teacher mode! I'm also not so much familar with terms and things so don't mind me asking...hmm foods I like to eat? I love Italian foods, Arabic foods...or just you're simple home made hamburger...really, I love quite a variety of foods...except spicy things...I love japanese rice and egg fried rice...lol actually I did make egg fried rice a few times and it turned out really well! I think thats the only thing I ever made that turned out well...just now I'm boiling an egg and the shell accidently cracked and now its all coming out...I'm horrible but you know it takes practice...and patience of course I think is one of the greatest keys to cooking.

Ghuraba
I can make a lot of things, but have not mastered fried rice by any means! You gotta post a recipe!