Saying hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeanniesue

Assistant Cook
Just wanted to say hello to other members. My daughter and I are interested in preparing meals ahead. We both are extremely busy but want to be able to feed our families home meals and spend less time in the kitchen.

Ciao Jeannie and welcome to DC!! We are glad to have you here, I hope you will have as much fun hanging out here just as all of us do!!

Jkath gave you a good thread to give you some idea, another suggestion from me is to buy a bulk of fresh vegetables (like onion, carrots, bell peppers, courgette, broccoli etc.) when you have a little time to spare, cut them up into the forms you usually use, for example diced, julienned etc. then pack them well and freeze them. Very often the prepping is one of the most time consuming part of cooking, this will speed up the process of your cooking inb many ways! (Another note, when you do this, cook the frozen vegs directly without thawing, it retains the texture as well as the nutrient much better this way.)

Last edited:
I bought 4 prepared crust, a chicken already rotisseried at the store, and a package of assorted diced vegetables. I took the chicken off the bone and cut it into chunks and divided it and the frozen vegetables into each of two crusts. I made a cream sauce with butter, flour, salt, pepper and chicken base. Cooled the sauce pour over the chicken and veggies, topped with other crust and sealed it in a 11/2 gallon plastic bag. They were wonderful when needed I heated in a mod oven for about an hour until they were bubbly and crusts was brown.

welcome Jeanniesue,
glad you've found DC..It's a wonderful place full of friendly people and usefull recipes..I'm sure you'll find just what you're looking for.
kadesma:)

Hello and thanks to everyone who replied. I'm new at this and really confused as to what to do next. The Chicken Pot Pie recipes sounded really great, easy and a good place to start. I visited the farmer's market this morning to check out the vegetables. I just need to read up on freezing them. But now I have an idea thanks to all of you. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom