Asparagus Tart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is yummy and easy to do just get puff pastry defrost and lightly roll it out on a lightly floured surface to about a 1/4 in. thickness cut into four rectangles place some caramelised onions on top of your pastry, now top this with 4-5 pieces of asparagus then sprinkle the asparagus with grated parmesan cheese. bake at 325-350 oven 25 min or til puffed and golden.
enjoy
kades

I love this, it's one of my favorite fancy appetizer dishes! Thanks for reminding me, Ma!

I've made something like this before (after babetoo suggested it), but didn't know to add caramelized onions. That sounds yummy!:yum:

I've made something like this before (after babetoo suggested it), but didn't know to add caramelized onions. That sounds yummy!:yum:
I love onion anything. It just seems to improve the taste.
kades

Sounds yummy! I love onions and asparagus. Did you use fresh or canned?
I found some tiny ones that I grabbed right now they were so good and tasty, I don't like them canned they always taste like the tin.
Use fresh sweetie.
kades

Oh Yumm! Yet another way to use my perfectly caramelized crock pot onions! I love my little baggies of goodness I have in the freezer. Thanks so much Kades, I need to pick up some asparagus at the market, but guess what one of my NYE apps will be? Sounds just delish!

Oh Yumm! Yet another way to use my perfectly caramelized crock pot onions! I love my little baggies of goodness I have in the freezer. Thanks so much Kades, I need to pick up some asparagus at the market, but guess what one of my NYE apps will be? Sounds just delish!
I'm so glad you like the recipe. I Love it and plan to make some again on next Ma's Sunday. Enjoy Kayelle and thanks for letting me know.
kades

This is yummy and easy to do just get puff pastry defrost and lightly roll it out on a lightly floured surface to about a 1/4 in. thickness cut into four rectangles place some caramelised onions on top of your pastry, now top this with 4-5 pieces of asparagus then sprinkle the asparagus with grated parmesan cheese. bake at 325-350 oven 25 min or til puffed and golden.
enjoy
kades

Kades, I found some fresh asparagus although this time of year, the price was more like the cost of truffles, but I don't care.
One question...do you fold over the rectangles or leave them flat?
I can't wait for tonight.:yum:

Kades, I found some fresh asparagus although this time of year, the price was more like the cost of truffles, but I don't care.
One question...do you fold over the rectangles or leave them flat?
I can't wait for tonight.:yum:
Kayelle,
I leave them flat they do their own thing in the oven:LOL: Thank you for the birthday wishes. Have a wonderful New Year.

kades

They were just yummy Kades! This is a keeper to be sure. :yum:

Attachments

• P1010559.jpg
    P1010559.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 201
Back
Top Bottom