Brandy butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kat

Assistant Cook
Okay, my bf got a jar of brandy butter as a gift a while back, and it's been sitting in my pantry unused since. i'm not sure exactly what to do with it. anyone have any ideas? he loves brandy so i'd like to be able to use it.

never had such a delicacy, but off the top of my head I would first create a hot buttered brandy drink for when he's done shoveling the snow (it's coming, people!)

While waiting for the snow, how about buttering up some pound cake slices and throwing them under the broiler with some nice diced peaches on top?

Brandy butter (or hard sauce as it is sometimes named) is wonderful with Christmas pudding, or christmas cake.:)

Edited to add: or wonderful, home-made Christmas mince-pies!

Last edited:
put some on home made brioche or other bread, hot out of the oven!

Use some in mashed sweet potatoes.

Sautee mushrooms in it. Add a pinch of nutmeg, too.

Send me some:LOL:

I think that this is in the wrong forum, personally (although I am usually sticking things in the wrong places.)

I also like brandy butter on crepes. Its very good added to by favourite crepe filling of sweet marron paste.

We only use brandy butter for sweet dishes, like christmas pudding. It's usually got lots of sugar incorporated into the butter. I don't really have a sweet tooth, so I think I'd find it too sweet over savoury things like mushrooms!

Back
Top Bottom