Hot blue cheese & bacon recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PBHEMP

Assistant Cook
Does anyone have a recipe for a blue cheese & bacon dip that is served hot? Thanks

Here you go!

Warm Blue Cheese Dip With Garlic & Bacon

1/2 Pound bacon, chopped
2 Cloves minced garlic
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 Cup half & half
4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
2 Tablespoon chives, chopped

Instructions: Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until browned. Remove bacon from skillet, drain.

Discard all but 1 TBSP of bacon grease from skillet. Fry garlic until soft, about 1 minute, be careful not to burn it. Remove from heat.

Preheat oven to 350º.

In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and half & half with electric mixer until well blended. Stir in bacon, garlic, blue cheese, & chives. Transfer to baking dish.

Bake covered for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.

Thanks Corinne... I've already added this to my recipe list... I assume you have had good results with this?

Casper

You really did not have to reply... I trust from the other posts you've made that I have read, that this was a good recipe (besides, it "sounded" good) :)

But thinks for posting anyway... my CT "sister" ;-) well.. someday anyway. :cat:

Casper.

Corrine, do you usually serve this with French bread cubes, toast rounds, or something else? It sounds really tasty!

Sliced French bread, sliced bagel pieces...the consistency is pretty thick so it's good for spreading. I make this & take it to work in a little crock pot for one of the girls I work with. She is extremely picky when it comes to food. She eats the following: bread, cheese, bacon, ham, chocolate. Not much more than that! So it's hard to find things she will eat!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom